Chapter 39: We're Oil And Water

"Jason Brooks, huh?" My father asked me while he scrolled through his phone.

I looked over at my father who was sitting on his chair parallel from were I was sitting on our couch.

"What about ,Jason?" I asked him.

"I think it's about time I officially met this boy" He says still looking at his phone.

My heart sank and my stomach felt like it needed to be emptied. Why did he want to met him? I didn't want him to humiliate me. But, then again it would be nice if Jason officially met my parents.

"Okay, but how do you know about him?" I question my dad curiously.

He holds up his phone and shows me the pictures of Jason and I on my Instagram. Well, I didn't even think my dad had an Instagram or better yet knew how to even work it. My cheeks redden when my dad keeps showing me more and more pictures of Jason and I.

"Alright, Dad! You've made your point" I tell him with an eye roll.

My father slightly smiles happy to see he's embarrassed me. Him and Jason seem like they would get along just fine considering they both like to tease me and all. I just hope Jason would be up to meet my parents because honestly I can tell he's never been liked by most parents.

"Tomorrow at six p.m have that boy of yours over, okay?" My father tells me with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes, sir" I say with a weak smile.

I've never called my dad sir before so obviously this makes him laugh. He shakes his head and gets up from his chair in the living room.

"Sarah, better text or call him now don't want him to cancel on us now" My dad says with a smile.

I nod my head and wait till my dad's out of the living room and in the kitchen where most likely he'll ask my mother to prepare him a sandwich or whatever he eats. Their like a 1960's married couple were the wife doesn't work and the husband does ,but in this case my mother feels like she does work. But, cooking at home for your family isn't working.

I want to be married like that someday ,but me writing stories or even editing stories from home while my husband played with my hair. My husband wouldn't be as busy as my father though. He would have a simple job that of course he loved and we would have a nice house that we loved. Then eventually we would have a family that we loved.

I know my parents love me, but being force to love something and choosing to love something is two very different things. I don't want to end up like being my parents that would be the worst thing possible. I don't want to leave my kids alone with a nanny while their away on business and only be home for two or four hours a month.

I don't want my kids to learn how to raise themselves. I just hate how my parents were like when I was younger. It amazes me really how they've decided to act like better parents now rather than earlier. Someone must've said something to them because their clueless. My father wasn't as bad as my mother when I was younger though.

Somehow he always did make sure Liam looked out for me or even come to at least one ballet concert. That's why I hadn't hate my father as much as I did with my mother when I was younger. A daughter always wants a mother's love though. So, I did everything to get her attention. I even joined ballet classes just because she used to be a dancer before. But, how silly of me because she didn't even care.