Chapter 46: I Existed For Him

It's been four days. Four days that I haven't left Jason's unconscious body and not showered. I probably smelled like ass. But, I wanted to be the first one he saw when he woke up. I wanted to apologize and to hold him, kiss him, and tell him I made a mistake. I just wanted him to wake up because I didn't know if I would exist without him.

It's amazing really how someone can just walk into your life and you don't know how you lived without them in it before. How just thinking about them and how they always seemed to smell like a musk of mint could make you want to burst out in tears.

Jason's mom was in the cafeteria right now with his dad getting coffee for all of us. Ben was sleeping on a chair in the corner. He's been coming and going from the hospital and same goes for Jason's parents.

The bullet that shot Jason almost got his heart and he would've died. He would've died without saying goodbye to me. But, it missed his heart and I couldn't have help and think that this was our chance to make things right. Like, it had to be a sign that I had made a mistake to think we needed a break.

"Sarah" I hear Ben mumble.

I turn around and gave him.

"Yeah?" I question him.

"Please, take a shower you stink" He mumbles tiredly again.

I sigh. "I can't.. I don't want him to wake up without me here"

"He won't just take a quick shower please.." He begs to me and I slowly nod.

"I'll need clean clothes" I mutter.

"Liam is on his way with them" He tells me and I roll my eyes.

He was planning this ,but he was right I smelled really bad. I didn't want Jason to think I smelled bad when he wakes up. I get up from the chair that was next to Jason's hospital bed and start walking toward the bathroom. My heart ached with not even being close enough to him and the distant between us. I've been so accustomed with being by his side for the past four days that his hand not in mine felt lonely.

I close the bathroom door behind me and start up the shower. There were towels on the toilet seat. One of the nurses probably set them there for me incase I thought about taking a shower or if Jason woke up to take one. Once, the water was warm enough I strip of my clothes and let them fall to the ground.

The cool water on my skin relaxed my tense muscles that have been in the same position for the pass four days. I run my hand through my now wet hair and sigh in delight. Soon, enough I finish washing myself and turn off the shower. I step out of the shower and take one of the towels and wrap it around my wet body.

"Ben!" I yell.

"He's not here, but I got you clothes" I hear Liam say.

I open the door and he has a hand over his eyes. I roll my eyes and take ahold of the clothes in his hands. In the corner of my eye I could see Johnny sitting where Ben once was. I wasn't sure why he was here and I didn't want to know. I close the bathroom door shut and take off the towel from my body.

I start putting on the clothes Liam got me and notice the shirt he got me was one of Jason's. I put the shirt to my nose and smell it, engulfing into his scent. If he didn't wake up I didn't know what I was going to do. I wasn't sure if I would want to live without him.