Chapter 1 The Wendigo

Author's note.

Hey everybody, it's time for another Miraculous fanfiction. This time, I thought I'd get things dark. Like, horror movie dark. Well, to an extent. So, I got this idea; if there's a miraculous based on a dragon, why not have one based on one of my favourite monsters, the Wendigo. I saw a few fan art pieces, but I think it's time I put MY two cents in. Now, Miraculous is the property of Nelvana Zagtoon and Method Animation, please support the official release. So, leave a review, sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Miraculous Ladybug

The Power of The Wendigo

Chapter 1

The Wendigo

Chat Noir and Ladybug were running around on the roof tops for their nightly patrol.

"Things sure have gotten hectic after Miracle Queen, huh?" Asked Chat Noir.

"Indeed", said Ladybug. "But at least Hawkmoth didn't get the Miraculous". Even though she put on a brave face, she was still worried about a lot of things. The fact that all of her teammates aside from Chat have had their identities revealed, Master Fu was gone and she was now Guardian of the Miracle Box.

They landed on the ground and soon, the citizens were flocking around them, taking pictures and recording videos.

"Thank you thank you", said Chat Noir as he waved to the crowd. "We're more than happy to-". Then, the fog rolled in.

"Hey, where'd this fog come from?" Asked a citizen. The fog grew thicker. And then. A loud wailing came from the fog. It was followed by a deep, echoing chirp. Soon, the sound of foot steps could be heard. The noises kept coming.

"Who's there?" Shouted Ladybug. Suddenly, the footsteps started coming from behind Ladybug and Chat Noir. They turned around and saw a figure walked out of the fog. It was a tall, lanky figure with sharp nails on each finger and toe. His body was covered in fur that acted as clothing and wore bones like accessories. The head was that of a human, but it had piercing red eyes and was hidden under a deer skull that had sharp teeth. Around his neck, was a silver charm that looked like a deer skull. In it's hand was a scythe that had the blade come out of a deer skull.

"Who are you?" Chat Noir asked. everyone just looked at him in fear. The figures eyes then fell on Ladybug.

"Ladybug", the figure growled. "Hero". Then, he grabbed Ladybug's neck in his hands. The crowd gasped at this.

"Traitor", the figure growled. "Murderer".

"Get your hands off her, Bonehead!" Shouted Chat Noir. However, after looking at Ladybug long enough, he released her.

"You're not the Ladybug he remember", the figure growled. "Your soul, is clean. But vile souls infest this city. And I shall dine on them, to cleanse it". The fog then started to move and encase the figure.

"Wait!", called out Ladybug. "What are you?!". Before the fog disappeared, they heard the wind whisper, 'Wendigo'.