Chapter 52 Trial

Author's note.

Here it is, the trial. Let's see if Alya can get out of this. We already know the answer to that. There will also be something in this, based on an idea by Omega97. Also, I know nothing about the French legal system, so, sorry. Now, leave a review, sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Chapter 52

Trial

'In a stunning turn of event's, a superhero is suing. The hero of Paris, Ladybug, has filed a lawsuit against Ladyblog owner Alya Cesaire in superior court. The trial is to commence today as-'. William then turned the T.V off. He was in his best suit for the trial.

"I still can't believe that Ladybug actually decided to sue" said Scul.

"Good thing too", said William. "Now, we can finally get Lila's biggest supporter out of our hair". He then heard a knock at his door.

"Come in" said William. The door opened, and Valerie walked in.

"You ready?" She asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be" answered William. They headed off the limo and then made their way to the courthouse. Several news reporters were outside waiting for the trial to start.

"This gonna be the talk of Paris by the time it's over" William said to himself. When they got inside, they sat in the seats with the rest of the jury. Soon, it was full. Ladybug and Alya then walked in and the Trial began. The judge then turned to Kira.

"State your name" he said.

"Kira Trunes, your honour" said Kira.

"What exactly is your client pressing charges for?" Asked the Judge.

"The charges placed against Alya Cesaire are as follows", answered Kira. "Stalking, unauthorised photography, invasion of privacy and attempted involuntary manslaughter". That last one made the court gasp.

"I see", said the Judge. "And who do you, Ms. Cesaire, plead to these charges?".

"Not guilty" answered Alya.

"Bullshit" muttered William.

"Ms. Trunes", said the judge. "Do you have anyone who'd like to speak on Ladybug's behalf".

"I do", answered Kira. "But before I start, let me show some evidence. Exhibit A, an article about Ladybug and Chat Noir being a couple after they kissed during the attack of an Akuma called 'Oblivio'. Yet, Ladybug has confirmed that the kiss was the only way to cancel out the memory loss powers of Oblivio. The first person I call to the stand is, Kagami Tsurugi". Kagami then made her way to the stand next to the judge.

"What exactly is your relationship with Ladybug?" Asked Kira.

"Well, I was the previous holder of the Dragon Miraculous", answered Kagami. "I had been a member of Ladybugs team since Friendship day up until Miracle Queen".

"I see", said Kira. "Do you go to the same school as Alya?".

"No, I don't", answered Kagami. "The only time I enter the grounds of her school is because that's where my fencing classes are".

"While you were on Team Miraculous, did you notice any odd or unsettling behaviour from Alya?" Asked Kira. Kagami physically gulped.

"Y-Yes" she answered.

"Can you describe a situation that stood out to you?" Asked Kira.

"Yes", Answered Kagami. "The father of one of my classmates got Akumatized into Mal-Delicious after his dish was ruined on the day a promotion would be given to a chef at Le Grand Paris. Alya's mom also worked there and wanted to make sure her mom got it, so she sabotaged his dish. While no one knew who the saboteur was at the time, I overheard Alya talking to herself about about it".