Chapter 47 Relative

Author's note.

It's 2024, I can hardly believe it. Let's hope 2024's as good to me as 2023 was. If any of you wanna chat with me, let me know. But for now, leave a review, sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

Chapter 47

Relative

'This is Nadja Chammack, reporting to you live from the Louve museum, where The Wendigo had been spotted. I'm currently speaking to Louve Curator Alim Kubdel. Mr. Kubdel, could you tell us why you think The Wendigo came into the Louve?'.

'It was just after midnight, I was closing up when he stormed in. He said he wanted what was his. I tried to get him to see reason, but he knocked me out. When I came to, the remains were gone. And I swear, he tilted every painting in the museum before left'.

William then turned off the T.V and gave a chuckle. He looked to a secret compartment in his wall and saw the remains there.

"Sometimes, they just make it too easy" said William. Scul was just circling around them.

"We are so close", said Scul. "I practically feel it".

"Good thing you can", said William. "I got my aunt as a teacher today".

"Well, before we go", said Scul. "You looked through the tome?".

"Yeah, I looked through it", answered William. "But it's like reading chicken scratch".

"Maybe if you spent less time fantasising about Marinette, you'd be able to read it" said Scul.

"Not everything has to do with Marinette, you know" snapped William.

"Anyways", said Scul. "You should get ready for school".

Later.

School was in full session and William walked to Ms. Mendeleiev's classroom where the other students were waiting.

"Hey, William" said Adrian. This caught Ms. Mendeleiev's attention.

"Ah, William, nice to see you made it" said Ms. Mendeleiev.

"Hi, Aunt Olga" said William. This caused everyone to gasp.

"Ms. Mendeleiev's your aunt?" Asked Nino.

"Her name's Olga?" Asked Marc.

"You know you're not allowed to call me that in front students, right?" Asked Ms. Mendeleiev.

"Sorry, haven't gotten used to it yet" answered William.

Soon, the day ended. William was about to head home when-.

"William", said Ms. Mendeleiev. "A word". William sighed and walked into her classroom.

"Shouldn't you be grading papers?" Asked William.

"Can't I ask how my nephew's doing?" Asked Ms. Mendeleiev.

"You and I haven't spoken to each other in a long time", answered William. "So, what brought this up?".

"I overheard Marc and Adrian talking", answered Ms. Mendeleiev. "They said something about Adrian no longer having, and I quote, 'virgin hands'. You wouldn't happen to know about this, would you?".

"Okay, so", said Adrian. "I took Adrian to a strip club".

"WHAT?!" Shouted Ms. Mendeleiev. William groaned and facepalmed.

"You took him to a strip club?" Asked Ms. Mendeleiev.

"I took him to Asmodeus' castle", answered William. "And you know half of the people who work there".

"I am well aware of that", said Ms. Mendeleiev. "But imagine if someone saw you there".

"You know the windows are tinted" said William. Ms. Mendeleiev got up.

"I'm just worried about you, William" said Ms. Mendeleiev.

"You shouldn't be", said William. "Every time someone tries to 'improve me', things don't end well for them. It's been like that ever since, well, since mom died". Ms. Mendeleiev's face fell and placed her hands on William's shoulders.

"William", said Ms. Mendeleiev. "I know for a fact that my sister loved you more than me, your dad, everyone. I bet she's watching over you".

"Yeah", said William. "Watching over her son that's a sociopath who enjoys watching the scum of the earth get karma and just desserts shoved up their asses and down their throats". He grabbed his bag and left.

"See you around, Aunt Olga" said William. He then closed the door. Ms. Mendeleiev just sat at her desk and placed her face in her hands. Both were unaware that Madam Bustier had been listening.