Clean bowl club

Cw: use of EpiPen

Whumpee stared at the food before them, a beautiful, hot, steaming serving of gumbo. Their stomach grumbled. It looked so good. SO good. Their stomach grumbled again as their mouth watered. They couldn't eat it though.

Caretaker bustled around in the kitchen. "Whumpee? Honey? Are you eating?" Caretaker popped their head out and looked at the full bowl. "Whumpee," they chided, "you have to eat! I want to see a clean bowl when I come back."

"But I-" "No buts Whumpee, clean bowl." Whumpee sighed and tucked into their gumbo. It was the most amazing thing they'd had after months of starvation and then weeks of hospital food, but there was one problem - Whumpee thought, as their throat started to feel itchy. They were allergic to seafood. And while the shrimp in this gumbo was spectacular, it was going to really cause a problem in the next few minutes.

Caretaker walked back out to a clean plate and a wheezing Whumpee gasping for air. "Oh my gods, Whumpee! What's wrong?!" Whumpee could only point at the folder that came home with them with all their medical information. Caretaker ran over and flipped through quickly before finding their fatal mistake.

"Whumpee why didn't you tell me?! Do you have an EpiPen?!" Whumpee pointed at their bag weakly as they made their way to the floor. As they began to lose consciousness, they felt themselves being rolled onto their side and a sharp pinch in their thigh.

Whumpee came to in a bed. A hospital bed? Ugh they were back. They were really hoping not to have to even think about the hospital for another week at least.

They were hugged abruptly and their thoughts were interrupted. "Oh Whumpee I'm so sorry! I-I didn't know! Why didn't you tell me?"

"Yo- *cough* you wanted a clean bowl." Whumpee rasped.