No Choice

Cw: implied future SA, mentions of sobriety from drugs and the effects it had, stranded and abducted at gunpoint

Whumpee hadn't even realized how low their gas was getting until they saw the next rest stop wasn't for another 35 miles and it was too far to turn back.

"Ugh. You did it this time, Whumpee." Grumbling under their breath, they tried to see if they had cell reception. It was a fairly traveled road, but it was late.

As time dragged on, Whumpee slowly went through all their contacts. No one was awake, or answering at least. Whumpee felt like they deserved that. They'd just gotten clean and they were attempting to start a new life away from the town they grew up in so they could stay clean. Everyone was used to Whumpee's antics and reaching out hysterically at random hours so one rarely picked up when Whumpee called.

As hopelessness set in, a spark of hope flickered. Headlights! Whumpee waved their arms while standing a safe distance from the road near their car.

The van came to a halt a couple feet ahead, and the driver rolled the passenger window down.

"You alright?" the shadowy figure asked.

"Not really. I'm about out of gas. Would you happen to have a gas can with you? I, I could pay you! I have some cash on me!"

The figure chuckled darkly. "I can think of other forms of payment that would work."

Whumpee's stomach dropped. They backed away slowly. "Oh um actually I think I'll just wait for my mom to pick me up. Thanks for stopping though."

The voice changed from a sultry smooth to a grating harsh. "I don't think that's true, and you no longer have a choice. Get in the van."

Knowing better than to argue after hearing the click of a gun, Whumpee tearfully entered the van. The tears began to roll when they saw a dirty mattress in the back. From their experiences, they knew enough to know they were in serious danger.

Upon seeing what was in store for them, their heart surged as they tried to jump back out. There was no lock to be undone on that side of the car. They were trapped.