Bad caretaker takes security blanket

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?! WHY WOULD YOU TAKE AWAY MY ONE CONSTANT?!"

Caretaker clucked their tongue in impatience. "You really need to get over it, Whumpee, it was a ratty old blanket. I've gotten you plenty of nicer ones since you've been rescued, and taken in, by me. Plus, I bet it was diseased."

"Well you never bothered to try and understand why I need it in the first place!"

Caretaker lowered their voice to a near growl. "You will NOT turn this around on me. Your Savior. I took you in. And you will NOT bring dirty things into my house. Do you understand me? I could have you thrown out like that blanket. Where would you go? What would you do? Nothing. You and that blanket would go back to Whumper. Go wash up, it's almost time for dinner."

"I don't think I'll be eating tonight, thank you."

"Do I have to get a tube? I said go wash up. Dinner is in five minutes. Understood?"

"Understood." Whumpee was nearly whispering now and tears pricked their eyes. They may as well be back with Whumper again, but Whumper allowed them to have their blankie. Once they arrived home from rehab, it was safe until found by Caretaker on laundry day, which it was then promptly sent to the trash.