Overworked

Whumpee woke up on the floor. Caretaker was speaking very loudly at them. Too loudly. Ugh why did they have to be so loud?

"-ou ok, Whumpee? Can you hear me?"

"Ugh yes. I need to get back to work-" Whumpee tried to push themself up unsuccessfully before collapsing once more. They were caught by Caretaker this time so they didn't hit their head a second time, luckily.

"Unnnngh ok, maybe.. maybe not.. yet." Whumpee took some deep breaths.

"Whumpee, what happened? You were fine just a few moments ago. Well, tired, and, sluggish, and, well, no. You weren't really fine. But how did we get here? Are you dehydrated? Have you eaten?"

"Well, I've had five cups of coffee this morning and-"

"Ok that doesn't count as hydration, first of all. Let's move on to food."

"Well.. I haven't eaten since... uhhhh.."

"Ok so there we go. You're taking your lunch break early today, how does soup sound? Something nice and easy on your tummy?"

"But I can't! I don't have permission!"

Supervisor finally appears to see what the matter was and upon seeing Whumpee on the floor in poor shape, they immediately agreed to an early lunch and offered the rest of the day off.

"And Whumpee?"

"Yes, Supervisor?"

"I don't want you getting like this again. That's an assignment from me. Your work will be divided for tomorrow between you and Caretaker. Caretaker will observe you during lunch to be sure you take it. I know you've been spending your lunches working. No more of that, ok?"

"I, uh, yes. Yes, Supervisor."