Immersion Therapy

Cw: noncon (nonsexual) touching, noncon drugging, mentions of PTSD, control by a big organization

Whumpee was diagnosed with PTSD and under the Caretaking Organization's decision, Whumpee was to go through immersion therapy with their assigned Caretaker.

Whumpee's immersion therapy was to sit on Caretaker's lap for an hour, three times a week while being hugged to overcome their aversion to being touched and held.

Caretaker was given their orders and uncomfortable with the decision made, tried to gently explain to Whumpee what would be happening from the doorway of Whumpee's room. Caretaker received an "Absolutely NOT" from the lump of blankets on the bed and with that, closed the door and reported back.

An injectable sedative was delivered to Caretaker's doorstep within three hours.

Caretaker took a deep breath and called to Whumpee from the doorway.

"Whumpee? It's time for immersion therapy. The sooner we do it, the sooner it's over."

The lump of blankets was silent. This was generally Whumpee's way of saying no without having to verbalize. Typical avoidance behaviors like pretending they can't hear or looking away so they can't acknowledge by looking in Caretaker's eyes that they've been told something.

Caretaker swallowed uncomfortably, knowing what was likely coming next.

"Whumpee, I'm giving you the chance to try it out before we move on to next steps."

The lump was silent and seemed to become quieter if that was even possible.

Caretaker walked over to the blankets, pulled them back and quickly sunk the needle into exposed flesh. Whumpee looked up in surprise and horror as Caretaker pulled the needle away and clicked the safety cap on.

In an instant, Whumpee bolted for the door. Caretaker followed, concerned they would fall down the steps. Fortunately Caretaker was able to pass Whumpee on the stairs as they slowed significantly, cursing up a storm in slurred speech. When they did end up sliding towards the floor, Caretaker was there to catch them and scoop them up. Like a small child restrained by a parent during a tantrum, Whumpee huffed and cried as they tried to wiggle away from the offending arms.

Caretaker calmly sat them both on the couch and curled Whumpee into their body as their hour together started. Whumpee cried and cried. Caretaker cried too, knowing this was not therapeutic in any sense of the word and would only cause Whumpee to lose trust in them but they had their orders and would lose their job if they refused.

As they sat, Caretaker apologized profusely through their tears and explained they had to do this lest they lose their job and Whumpee end up with someone not as caring, only in it for the money. Whumpee understood this but was so overwhelmed by the touch and shock of being drugged that all they could do was make big ugly sobs into Caretaker's shirt.

Caretaker wiped Whumpee's tears and nose with a tissue and shushed them while rubbing small circles on their back, patting them, and rocking them intermittently. They felt Whumpee's heart rate slow and Whumpee allowed the drugs to lull them to sleep. As they slept, Caretaker thought deeply about the events that had unfolded, leading them to this moment. Was it worth it to stay in the Organization if this was how they treated their patients?