Shark attack

Cw: mcd, shark attack, mentions of blood and gore

"-re you st- ith me? Whumpee?"

A hard pat on the cheek caused Whumpee's eyes to flutter open again. They were only halfway open as the world was turned and they were looking up at the sky. A face clouded their view. Who was it?

Caretaker was Whumpee's good friend and felt indebted to them for Whumpee pushing them out of the way when the shark rushed them in the shallows they were splashing in together.

It was a seven footer, bit Whumpee right on the thigh and pulled them under as they tried to get to shore.

Upon tasting that Whumpee was not, in fact, a seal, Whumpee was discarded as quickly as they were taken but the damage was done. Caretaker turned around once they reached the sand to see a splash of red as Whumpee attempted to resurface. Caretaker had to break free of Friend's grip who was concerned the shark could still be nearby but Caretaker was solely focused on saving their friend, shark be damned.

Once recovered, Whumpee was carried bridal style to the bed of a truck that waited impatiently at the edge of the beach, Friend at the wheel.

Loaded into the bed of the truck, Caretaker could only hope that Whumpee would make the trip to the hospital. It wasn't close by any means as this beach was a secret that only locals knew of.

Caretaker held a towel to Whumpee's mutilated leg as the truck sped down the dirt path.

"Why, Whumpee? Why would you sacrifice yourself?!" Caretaker was in near hysterics as they tried to keep their friend alive.

Eerily calm, Whumpee looked up at Caretaker and smiled. "You always h-had potential. Me? I'm just a college dropout. If the shark was gonna get someone, it was gonna- hhack - gonna be m-meee.."

Whumpee's head fell to the side as their eyes rolled back into their head. They'd lost too much blood. They were no more.