Surprising Reaction

Cw: mentions of past abuse, whipping, death, cursing

Reactions to tragedy are vastly different from person to person. Whumper knew this and yet, they were still disappointed in what they got out of Whumpee when they showed them the video of them killing Whumpee's family. Instead of screaming and crying or anger and wrenching at their chains, Whumpee sighed in relief and chuckled to themselves. This was the first keystone moment of their time together after the abduction and Whumper was utterly confused.

Pulling their belt off and whipping between each word out of pure, searing anger, Whumper asked "WHAT. THE. FUCK. IS. WRONG. WITH. YOU?"

Catching their breath, they again asked "What the fuck is wrong with you? I just showed you evidence that I murdered your family. Any normal person would be broken beyond belief. Why?"

Laughing, Whumpee uncurled themselves and took off their shirt to reveal a constellation of cuts and scars.

"You think I would miss the people who did this to me? The only reason I stayed with them was because I wasn't ready to risk it on the streets."

Whumper backed out of the room, trying to mask their emotions of disappointment and surprise. This one would be much harder to crack.