We Will Fight In The Streets.

Hey.

I had fun with this chapter!

Lets us get back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the heart of Chernobog, there was uproar. Reunion forces rushed back and forth in the city's central control tower to understand what was happening. The higher-ranking Reunion leaders who answered to Talulah and the others in her inner circle were desperate as all their forces around the outskirts, North and South, were in complete chaos. 

At first, they were awaiting an Army from the South but were attacked by Ursus in the North. So now they were unsure what was happening. Only one thing was clear; the North defences were collapsing if not already gone if the radio chatter was anything to go by. 

Reunion soldiers, leaders and Sarkaz mercenaries were listening to the radio going haywire with screams of terror and battle; the noise was echoing in the large control room. Many heads occasionally turned to an oversized position on an elevated platform. Talulah, their leader, sat there unmoving, with her head lowered and a dark shadow over her eyes. None dared approach her.

It was apparent to all that Talulah could hear what was happening on the radio. However, what was going on outside this tower was not something she had considered. None in the room even needed the radio to know everything was going wrong. The army from the South had arrived and was now pounding the city and Reunion to dust. Now flashes of green were terrifying the North defences.

"Barricades 2 through 38 have fallen!" Random Reunion soldier shouts. 

"Multiple city-wide breaches!" Another shouts over the other.

"South side is taking a massive beating! They are requesting permission to fall back out of the range of those field guns!" Another bellow.

"We have lost contact with Patriot!" Another.

"Talulah!" Frostnova limps into the room, assisted by members of the Yeti squadron. 

"Frostnova..." Talulah replied coldly but did not bother to look up at her. 

"The city is lost; we can't stay here... " Frostnova said what everyone feared.

"...I never took you for a coward" Talulah finally looks up at the Cautus with a glare. 

Frostnova returns her cold glare. "I will not let my family die here, as you shouldn't!"

The two continue to glare at each other for some time before Talulah stands up suddenly.

"I did not come here and take this city just to run; if you want to leave Frostnova, leave, but don't show your face to me again once we win!" Talualh shouted. 

Frostnova stares into Talulah's eyes which shine with possessed madness, before looking at the members of her family that had supported her here. She knows that Patriot was in the North; for all she knows, he's dead. So she may have lost the closest thing to a father she ever had and would not lose the rest of her family to Talulah's pride.

Frostnova nods at Talulah one final time. "Goodbye, Talulah," Before limping off with those that came here with her. Frostnova would gather the rest of her squadron, make for the secret service tunnels, and escape. They would not die this day. She already believes W abandoned them and fled the city with her mercenaries when it was obvious everything was going from one disaster to another.

Talulah watches Frostnova leave as if she is internally struggling with herself. She raises her hand ever so slightly toward the retreating Cautus as if to call out for her but stops.