The Call

Hey.

Shorter chapter, but it couldn't be helped. I am currently having problems at work. 

Bear with me.

Back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So..."

Seneschal stared at Mal in worry. The news just delivered has caught them by surprise.

"So... It's about to begin then?" Seneschal asked Mal with a melancholy smile.

The usually upbeat Mal merely smiled back in contemplation. Both know the implications of the news they received. The war was about to begin, yet Terra didn't even know it. The world's very foundations are about to be shaken to its very core.

For better or worse was yet to be determined.

Mal chuckled softly, "Sooner than I imagined, something must have pushed Farsight over the edge."

"The bounty, perhaps? The one placed on Miss Texas?" 

Mal merely snorted and replied, "A combination of events, I believe."

Seneschal looked conflicted, which Mal caught.

"What bothers you, my dear Seneschal?"

"*Sigh*...Sending the Krieg to a beautiful place like Siracusa, you know what the Kreigs will do with such beauty..."

"*snickers* Be disgusted and start digging trenches?" Mal snickered, amused at the prospect.

 "Farsight could have sent me and my Division there instead!" 

"Heh, Yes, Your love for Siracusan wine is well noted; probably why you're not allowed to set foot there."

Seneschal was put out, "It's not love! It's called a fine pallet."

"Hmmm... You remember what happened when your soldiers found that wine cellar in Chernobog after its fall?" Mal smirked at Seneschal.

Seneschal thought about it.

~ Just after the fall of Chernobog ~

"Sir! The city is ours!" One soldier saluted with a big smile.

"What's left of it..." Another mumbled.

"Sir! Sir!" Another soldier rushed over, catching everyone's attention.

"What is it, soldier?" Seneschal looked tiredly at his subordinate.

"By your order, we have found you a large intact wine cellar!" 

Seneschal perked up instantly.

"Well then, lad, lead the way!" 

Seneschal and the soldiers entered the extensive undamaged wine cellar with glee. But upon entering, the Seneschal looked horrified at the crime scene before him. All the wine bottles had been smashed to pieces, red liquid of some rare and expensive brands soaking the dirty stone floor.

"W...What animal would do this!" Seneschal roared in anger.

No one replied until...

"...S-Sir," One soldier whimpered as a cold feminine black metal glove rested on his shoulder.

"S-E-N-E-S-C-H-A-L" 

Seneschal tensed at the cold voice of someone he knew well. Turning to the voice to see Mal standing behind the scared soldier and pushing him out of the way, she looked at him with an evil smirk, holding a scarce Siracusan red wine.