Kalina

Hey!

There is a shuffle at work, so my standard work days are messed up currently. The next chapter will be on Sunday.

This chapter was hard to write. Read after notes to understand why.

WARNING- DARK CHAPTER! - Mention and description of child death.

Let's get to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A spark of hope flashed through Kal'tsit's eyes.

"...You... Remember?"

Farsight looked uncertain for a brief moment but nodded.

"I have these... images of a little girl that keep appearing in my head."

"..." 

"Is she my daughter?"

Kal'tsit hesitated to speak but nodded once, not looking him in the eye.

"She's is"

"Is she... Dead?" Farsight spoke the last word quietly.

Kal'tsit shifted her eyes back at him, glaring. Farsight knew it would be a sore topic for the both of them but understood there was no way to ease into a conversation like this.

"You know the answer, so why ask?" There was a sharpness in Kal'tsit's voice but a fragile undertone.

"You know me, Kelsey. Not the sharpest tool in the shed." Farsight smiled sadly at the drained and exhausted woman in front of him.

"Don't call me that," Kal'tsit glared harder at him, her Lynx ears twitching erratically. The endearing nickname was given to her in a time now passed and when they were all happier.

"You're my wife, so I'll call you what I wish, Kelsey."

Kal'tsit's glare dropped slightly, but the clenching of her fists conveyed to Farsight she wasn't in the mood for his games or attitude.

"You have no right..." Kal'tsit whispers harshly.

Farsight's sad smile vanishes at her comment and is effortlessly replaced with a glare of his own.

"I have no right?"

Kal'tist looked away from the angered man and stared at the rolling fields before her, letting the warm breeze wash over her. 

"Look at me..." Farsight ordered her, but she ignored him.

Kal'tsit was taken by surprise when she felt a strong hand grip her jaw, pulling her tired face to meet the angry frown of her husband. Kal'tsit attempted to pry the man's hand off her jaw, but to her surprise, his strong grip held firm as she struggled fruitlessly.

"Let go of me!" Kal'tsit growled up at the man.

"I have no right!?"

"Stop!" Kal'tsit struggled harder.

"You have no right. No right to treat me like dirt, no right to keep this marriage a secret, no right to keep my daughter's existence from me!"

Kal'tsit didn't respond to the angry man as she dug her sharp nails into his forearm to free her captured jaw. Farsight cared little for his blood dripping down his arm while watching his wife struggle.

"No right to keep me in the dark... You had no right to want me back the moment I left!"

Kal'tsit stopped scratching Farsight's arm and struggled, realising it was pointless to resist and had no desire to escalate the situation by summoning Mon3tr; she reached into her pocket and pulled out a piece of paper.