Kal'tsit and W Confrontation

Hey!

It's been so long, it feels like it, anyway.

Like the Rogue-Repair-Ship story, I've had to go back and re-read certain bits to familiarize myself with what I've written.

This story should be finished by 2024. We'll see how that goes!

WARNING: W gets bullied!

Let's get back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A-hem..."

W turned to the familiar voice behind her, frowning heavily.

"Kal'tsit..."

"W"

Both women stared each other down 

Some Enclave staff stared at the two in worry, and those with common sense pushed everyone away from the silently boiling pair of unstable ladies.

"Get everyone out of this sector, now!" One of the Enclave officers harshly whispered to his colleagues, pushing the civilian workers away. 

Kal'tsit and W ignored the surrounding stampede and continued their stare-down; only when the rush of feet disappeared down the now empty corridors did W decide it was time to speak.

"I heard you had a meltdown... I would have paid to see that," W smiles at the image of Kal'tsit in a straightjacket, wailing in a padded cell.

"A slight over-exaggeration, but coming from someone who lost her mind long ago, I'm not surprised," Kal'tsit replied calmly with a straight face. 

W didn't show it but was disappointed; she underestimated Kal'tsit's ability to snap and lose her cool. She had heard all the stories and all the news reports. This old Lynx before her was supposed to be off her rails.

"Are you here to kill him?" Kal'tsit asked quietly, taking advantage of W's unusual calmness.

W looked away with a slight smirk, running her finger over the small remote detonator on her belt, "If I am?"

Kal'tsit's lip twitched upward before returning to its calm facade before W could see it, "Then I would be mistaken; you haven't lost your mind; you're simply deranged, just like Theresa said you would be."

The smirk on W's face died, and she slowly turned to Kal'tsit, glaring hatefully at her, "Careful, Hag... Maybe I am deranged, but Thersea wouldn't have said something like that."

"You're sure of that, are you?" 

W Clenched her fists in silent rage. In a game of minds and wills, W was outmatched; W knew she would lash out long before this ageing relic would.

Unless...

"I guess you're right... As always," W bowed her head and sighed loudly, catching Kal'tsit by surprise, who quirked an eyebrow at the Sarkaz. Kal'tsit couldn't see the large grin on the younger Sarkaz's face. Before Kal'tsit could say anything, W looked back up, showing her grin.

"But hey! At least I was a damn good mother to Kalina!" W fondly touched her own cheek, "Such a cute little girl, that daughter of mine."

W didn't even need to look at Kal'tsit to know the furious sneer she was receiving. Kal's calm facade shattered into a thousand pieces and was replaced with a mourning mother scorned. W might have gulped in horror and run if she was anyone else, but W lives dangerously; she likes to poke the raging beast.