Calm Before The Storm

Hey!

I had very little time for the Kal'tsit confrontation, which requires more writing time, so you get more fluff and build-up!

Let us get back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Farsight leant against the cold tile wall of the shower as the hot water poured down his form. He was torn between excitement and alarm. Texas was pregnant, which excited him, he always wanted to be a father but didn't think it would be so soon and not with Texas, but he was not complaining!

But the text message was concerning. Now everyone would know he was intimate with Texas and may target her to get to him. He had to plan for this and maybe send Texas to High Haven, maybe? 

Texas wasn't happy with him currently. After both of them wake up from their celebratory "fun" and receive the message, Texas is willing to fight off anyone trying to come between them, much to Farsight's refusal.

A refusal that annoyed Texas.

Farsight argued that fighting against the odds for him and their unborn child, no matter how flattering it was to hear, was stupid and a risk that was not worth taking. 

Texas being the stubborn Lupo she was, argued that she wasn't crippled or hindered in any way and could fight until she started showing signs of pregnancy.

A short back-and-forth between the two lovers ended with Farsight taking a shower and Texas walking out of the room. 

Nothing was decided at that moment.

Farsight exited the shower, dried quickly and dressed in normal civilian wear, annoyed but amused that he had just had his first argument with Texas.

Farsight was finishing up in the bathroom when he caught a sweet smell coming through the closed bathroom door and was interested to find out what it was, so he opened the door without wasting any time, allowing the lovely smell to hit him full force.

The smell led him to the small, love hotel room kitchenette and beheld an incredible sight.

(A.N. NovelAi really sucks with fingers!!)

A sweaty and blushing Texas wearing a red apron, holding out Pancakes for him, presenting an awkward smile as he looked her up and down in surprise, from her eyes to the pancakes and back again. 

His surprise changes to amusement as he sees the amount of failed pancake attempts behind the blushing Lupo. A look she notices and glares back at in embarrassment as she shuffles to try and hide the evidence of her failure. 

A smile creeps onto his face as he decides then and there that he will have to marry this woman at some point. Was it strange that looking at her in her baggy clothes and messy hair made her look like a mother packing her kid's lunchboxes for school?