Guerilla Tactics

Hey.

Christmas is coming, so Chapters may be late until early January. I'm not putting anything on hold, but if a chapter doesn't come out at the usual times, then don't worry.

Let's get back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A soft, quiet melody could heard enter Agenta's ears.

Agenta murmured as her eyes flickered open. Coming back to the waking world, all she could feel was heat. An Intense heat washed over her body, making her groan in discomfort. She came to her senses and remembered what had transpired before her world went black. 

Agenta looked around in panic but could only see the remnants of a snowy forest she was in before. Now, the ground was scorched, and every tree burned. Intense heat filled the air, and the disturbed ash on the ground made it hard for her to breathe.

She tried to stand but failed when something latched to her wrists, forcing her back against the hard surface behind her. Looking above her, Agenta saw her wrists were chained above her head and nailed to a dead tree.

Try as she might, Agenta couldn't dislodge the nail from the tree. Agenta thrashed around, trying to release herself but was unable. Trying to use her Art's failed, and her attempt felt like something was stabbing into her neck like needles. 

It felt like a weighty collar with spikes, which prevented her from helping herself or moving too far.

Agenta panted and went limp; her moment of weakness was over, and she knew flailing and panicking was never going to help her now. All that mattered was getting out of this ashen wasteland, finding survivors of her group, and getting out of there before those creatures returned.

Thinking back at her last moments before darkness...

Frostnova!

She looked around for any signs of the young woman but found none, only the decapitated heads of her soldiers on spikes littered all over the place. Looking at every head with a regretful grimace, She noticed all of the looks of pain and horror etched onto their decaying features as they stared back at her.

Turning away from the grotesque scene, there was still no sign of Frostnova. Then, out of nowhere. The soft melody from before could be heard to Agenta's right.

Another woman was in the same predicament as her, her clothes ragged and torn, a large rusty collar around her neck covered in spikes, a few spikes piercing the woman's delicate but dirty skin. 

Her eyes were closed, and she was humming softly to herself.

Agenta narrowed her eyes at the woman in question. 

Tall black horns... Light pink hair...

"Theresa?!"

Upon hearing her name, Theresa stopped humming, opened her eyes and looked at Agenta.

"Yes?"

"The King of the Sarkaz? Sister of Theresis?"

"That's me, yes," Theresa said emotionlessly.

Agenta looked at her, concerned. This might be the first time she met the Sarkaz King, but everything she read and heard of this woman painted a different picture. Maybe it was just the situation they found themselves in, but something felt... Off... About this woman.

Leaning as close as she could to the Sarkaz King, "My name is Agenta, Farseer and division leader of the Farsight Enclave... Farsight's second in command."