BURN!

Hey

I am working for the next few days, so the next chapter will be Tuesday or Wednesday.

Proofreading was slightly rushed, so apologies if there are some mistakes. 

Let's get back to it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Farsight watched curiously as Mephisto received two overcharged shots from two rail guns directly to the face. The only sign it had any effect was the shriek of pain from the abomination as Mephisto backed up and brought his single available bloated hand to his face. 

When Mephisto removed his hand, it seemed the railguns did damage him but certainly weren't going to kill him soon. His Hammerhead tanks underwent extensive testing before being signed off for combat use. A single shot from a railgun would quickly vaporize a person with no effort. 

But Mephisto? This type of resilience was remarkable to witness. Mephisto withstood his fire and holy attacks and now overcharged railguns to the face. If he had enough Hammerheads, he had no doubt he could pepper Mephisto to oblivion, but he only had two. He could not afford to lose them.

So with a quick command, both Hammerheads started to reverse back to the end of the street where most of the Enclave soldiers and LGD were holding off curious civilians and noisy reporters that wanted to watch.

When Farsight knew he was finally 'Alone' with Mephisto, he stared blankly at the hulking abomination that had recovered and was slowly approaching him with an ear-splitting grin on its damaged face.

Farsight's eyes glowed bright, and he smiled knowingly to himself before falling to one knee and placing his free hand to his chest while his other gripped his beautiful sword tightly. His head lowered in prayer to Big Sis.

"Ahahahah! No matter how much you beg, I will not show you mercy!" Mephisto grins at the kneeling Saint in victory, believing that Farsight has lost hope to fight.

The Enclave soldiers holding the crowd back could only stare in disbelief that their leader would yield so quickly to such a horrific entity. Even the LGD and those that knew Farsight were confused by this turn of events. The voices around were proof of the bewilderment at Farsight's actions. 

"What's he doing?" One LGD officer shouts in dismay.

"Get up! Get up!" An Enclave soldier barks quietly to himself as if watching a sports game.

"He can't give up! He just can't!" The Sarkaz female in Power armour shouted.

Mephisto's gurgling voice cut through all noise, silencing all the shocked and disheartened Enclave soldiers and watchers.

"Speak up, little fly!

Farsight ignored Mephisto and was murmuring to himself as he smiled, still kneeling, and wings that had retreated had once again opened up to make him have more of a presence on the battlefield. 

Before everyone's eyes, a bright golden beam appeared from his sword that shot high into the sky. His sword could be seen burning brighter than even Talulah's flames. The shockwave of burning light that appeared had blasted the dust on the street in every direction, even reaching the crowd in the distance who witnessed the entire thing and had to shield their eyes in protection.

Mephisto continued to grin down at Fasight but figured the little fly surrendering was too good to be true. At this close distance, Mephisto could tell whatever he had done with the sword was burning hotter than anything those strange tanks could accomplish.