Callidus

Hey!

Long time no see, People... Thank you for being patient. I do appreciate it.

It was tough to get back into writing after some time off, and I was stumped about what the hell was happening, but I think I got this in the bag.

Today, We are bringing in a character mentioned a few times, but nobody knows what happened to them. You'll have to guess!

Let's get back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And that's everything I know about Commander Farsight," Gummy hummed, satisfied after her long-winded explanation of a man she'd never met. 

Gummy didn't look up from the large cooking pot over the roaring fire as she made food for everyone around her; she missed the many unbelieving looks thrown her way.

Rosa and Zima stared at Gummy suspiciously.

"I call bullsh*t."

Rosa tittered at Zima, "While I wouldn't be so rude, I have to say, Gummy, everything you said sounds rather... Farfetched."

"Eh? What have I said that's so unbelievable?" Gummy looked up from the bubbling stew, annoyed.

"Where would I even start? How about mech suits that go invisible and can shoot lasers?" Zima scoffed.

"Gummy, how would you know all this information, and none of us do?" Rosa asked politely from her place on a fallen tree, patiently waiting for her food with her hands on her lap.

"Da!"

Rosa's eye twitched, "Gummy..."

"Heehee."

"Gummy? What have you done?" Zima frowned at her cheerful but guilty-looking comrade.

Without saying a word, Gummy's head lowered in defeat, as did her fluffy Ursus ears. She pulled something out of her jacket and threw it at Zima, who caught it without issue.

Zima stared at the device and then at Gummy with a confused frown, "A form of communication device?"

"Pass it here," Rosa frowned and held out her hand.

Without question, Zima passed the device to Rosa, who looked at it closely. 

"Well?" Zima looked at Gummy, who whistled innocently, and back to Rosa.

"I thought it was Ursus military-grade equipment, but this... This device is beyond anything I've ever seen. Where did you get this, Gummy?"

Zima, stunned for a moment, looked at Gummy with renewed suspicion.

"Heehee, It was given to me!" Gummy was either unconcerned or unaware of the stares people were giving her.

Rosa and Zima's looks of annoyance and suspicion became more of a look of concern. Concern for a friend who may have been and still may be in contact with someone who could be manipulating her.

"By who?" Both said simultaneously. The girls stared at each other, then at Gummy with determination. 

"Ummm, I don't know. The person didn't say much."

"Well, what did they look like?" Rosa enquired politely with a smile.

Gummy looked up in thought, "I couldn't see her face, but she wore a black bodysuit that looked waaay too tight, a mouthless helmet with two glowing red eyes... Oh! She also had a long ponytail! Da, she was so cool."