Explosion!

Hey

I finished training, now back to work! The next chapter should be late Monday or Tuesday. 

Back to it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Farsight stood outside the rundown office building and tried to face everything he had just witnessed. His Lieutenant had shown him what they had discovered and was sickened by the sight of it, which was soon replaced with fury. His battlesuit stood motionless as he shook with anger that none of his soldiers could see. 

"Commander?" The Aegir Lietutantant asked, looking up at the large helmet of the battlesuit in concern.

"Have we located them?" Farsight asked coldly. 

"Negative, Commander. The city is still being searched, but currently, no luck." The Lieutenant told the furious Farsight. 

"Reunion is most likely hiding out in the Sewers... Rats always find their way to the sewers."  Another soldier replied.

"That's the most likely location, yes. Would you like me to order the soldiers into the sewers, Commander Farsight?" The Lieutenant asks her leader. 

"No, continue with your current objectives... I have another group perfectly suited for such a dirty and dark task," He replied without emotion and pressed some buttons on his wrist-mounted display; he walked off with no further comments. 

The Lieutenant watched him go before returning to her soldiers and again giving commands. "Alright! No more hanging about! Continue your sweep!" 

~

Farsight stood on the more industrial side of the slums, atop vast pipe systems connected to a sewage plant. These pipes must be connected to the rest of Lungmen's toilet and water system. 

The air stank of stale urine and Faeces, but his battlesuit could easily handle the polluted atmosphere. Looking around at the sewage plant below him, he could easily spot many Lungmen workers doing their jobs. Every single one of them looked hopeless and sad, not even bothered by the smell anymore. Not a single shred of safety equipment or gear around them. It was obvious that all of them were infected. 

Heavy footsteps could be heard behind him. 

"You called for us, Commander Farsight?" A deep mechanical voice asked behind him, different from his own. 

Farsight looked behind him and smiled behind his helmet, A group of power-armoured soldiers he had designed for the dirtiest and grittiest jobs. 

Farsight had picked individuals not based on race or gender but on combat experience and those with little to lose

Farsight had picked individuals not based on race or gender but on combat experience and those with little to lose. Many men and women in the power armour before him had lost everything due to conflict or their failures. They wanted to atone for their failures or to have a purpose. Farsight promised them both those things and more.