The Begining of a Downfall

Hey!

Let's start.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ummm?" 

Farsight could only gawk up at the armoured person blocking his path when he left the Orca transport and approached Agenta. Farsight had never seen anything like it, not that he was going to question its existence. Mal created many things he wasn't aware of, he was sure.

He couldn't say anymore before the giant armoured being fell to one knee and lowered its head in submission, surprising everyone present. This action made the reinforced floor groan in strain.

"My Lord! I am here to serve," The deep mechanical voice of the armoured being impressed Farsight.

"Who are you, soldier?" Farsight commanded.

The armoured being replied head bowed low before Farsight, "I am Captain Patriot of the Wendigo Chapter and your servant, my lord."

Everyone stared at Farsight, waiting for his reaction to this development, none more so than Agenta, hoping their last attempts at making him above superhuman wouldn't leave a bad taste in his mouth when they presented another being with extensive genetic change.

Considering their last attempt killed Farsight.

Farsight's eyebrows raised in intrigue and suspicion before looking at Agenta, who stood to the side.

"Care to explain, Agenta?"

"M-Mal's latest creation, an augmented supersoldier created from the reworked blueprints of our failed attempts on you that led to your... Demise..." Agenta looked away in concern, knowing this was most likely a sore spot for Farsight. She hoped Farsight wouldn't get angry.

"What does she mean, Farsight?" Kal'tsit's 'calm' voice sounded behind him.

Farsight looked from the kneeling armoured Patriot to the worried Agenta repeatedly before looking over his shoulder at Kal'tsit. 

"I didn't lie when I told you the Doctor died back at the LGD headquarters." Farsight looked at Agenta, "Even after what you both did to me, you still did it again to someone else?"

"..." Agenta looked away, not saying anything. Kal'tsit looked stunned at the revelation; he actually died? And one of the people responsible was standing before her.

Farsight must have anticipated Kal'tsit's action as he put his hand out and stopped her from moving past him, receiving a glare from the angry Lynx. Frostnova and the other employees stepped away from the scene, expecting something bad to happen.

Patriot had not even moved an inch from his kneeling position, and everyone seemed to have forgotten he was there.

"Agenta..." Farsight's tense voice cut through the silence, making her curse Mal for not being here and explaining why everything she had done with Patriot was a blessing.

"My lord?"

Farsight was ready to tear into Agenta for her stupid decisions but was halted by Patriot's deep voice, remembering the big armoured man was still there and was now looking at him with his glowing green eyes.

"Speak, Captain."

"I was informed of the risks, that I may perish from the strain of the transformation... I made the choice... Not Lady Agenta. She should not be held accountable for my choices." Patriot's deep voice told him with pure conviction and honesty he didn't want Agenta to be punished for something he agreed to.