Caught And Shattered

Hey!

Longest chapter to date! 2389

Let us get back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

High Haven's info centre was in a state of chaos. Everyone in High Haven had received a picture of their Leader Farsight making out with a Lupo they knew as Texas of Penguin Logistics. 

The kissing part didn't bother them, apart from a few of the women around who had a crush on their Leader, but what bothered them all was the fact that this would prove to be a weakness of Farsight, and now everyone with any semblance of power in Terra has received the picture. 

Texas of Penguin Logistics has just been revealed to be a weak point and Achilles heel of Farsight, even if some people shrugged, believing there was no harm in the picture. 

The short-sighted not realising the implications.

Unknown to High Haven, Texas had become Farsight's top priority because she revealed she was pregnant to him, which would only make the situation worse when a pregnant Texas was inevitably targeted. 

And now High Haven was trying to stop this blatant attack on the Enclave with little success.

"Can we run damage control?" HHIO 1 asked in concern. (HHIO = High Haven Info Operator)

"No...The picture is out now; nothing we can do about it." HHIO 3 replied.

"How many of those messages went out?" HHIO 2 asked in concern. 

HHIO 1 and 3 looked at each other before replying.

"..."

"..."

"...Thousands... All over Terra," HHIO 1 revealed.

"Damn it!" HHIO 2 cursed.

"It actually gets worse," HHIO 1 said.

"Eh? How?" HHIO 2 asked.

"Twenty minutes ago, a bounty was posted to every Merc, criminal and company with a less than stellar moral code." HHIO 3 replied in frustration.

"How much and for who?" HHIO 2.

"50 Million LMD for Texas, Dead or Alive," HHIO 1 responded.

"...They really wanna hurt Farsight, huh?" HHIO 2 said as all three went quiet for a while.

"We believe the Bounty is a collaboration between the Siracusan Mafia, Rhine Labs, Ursus and a few others." HHIO 1.

"We have caught electronic signatures from those specific groups in particular, but there are more, no doubt about it." HHIO 3 told 2.

"*Sigh* Nothing can be simple, can it? So who will be the one to tell all of this to Farsight?" HHIO 1 asked.

The other two Info operators went silent again before starting a Rock, Paper, Scissors game to determine the sacrifice.

~

Ch'en was sitting in a downtown eatery, aggressively cutting into a large steak and chewing on it in stress-induced anger. Madam Ch'en stewed in anger and embarrassment at her biggest enemy's latest attack on her person. 

What in Terra was that man's problem? Why does he insist on screwing with her life? What was his latest insult to her? 

Sending her a maid outfit! 

Sending her a maid outfit while at work! That instigating little sh*t must of knew her officers would have opened the package to check for any threats. But, instead, he once again went out of his way to humiliate her...