Preserve Us

Hey.

Slightly dark... Nothing too bad. 

This chapter will introduce a new way to make regular enemies of Arknights have a bit more of a nasty bite, if you get me.

This destroys the cannon of Arknights more than usual. This version of Terra is strange. 

Let us get back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deep in the bowels of the Lungmen's vast sewer systems, heavy footsteps echoed down the long dirty pipes and into larger overflow chambers. Twenty armoured warriors in PA trudged through the filth and decay of the downstream currents to find the remnants of the Reunion movement.

In the blackness of the sewer system, the only lights that penetrated the darkness were the headlamps on the power armour helmets and those with a light source attached to their weapons. Many of the armoured figures looked around in disappointment.

They had been in the sewers for hours but had not found a single Reunion member

They had been in the sewers for hours but had not found a single Reunion member. How could they redeem themselves if they couldn't see anyone to fight? 

"Hey! Look!" Called out one of the Warriors. Catching their attention in the darkness, twenty armoured men and women shoved around each other to see something lying amongst a trash heap caught in the large pipes flowing river.

"Eww! what is that?" The female Sarkaz shouted. 

"It's a rat, Moron." One of the warriors scoffs at her as their headlamps look at a rat staring at them in terror. 

"No! That," The female Sarkaz says in annoyance and points to something else. Once again, the headlamps move to look in the pointed direction.

Sticking out of the wedged floating trash heap was a rotting hand that looked like it was asking for help that would never come. One of the PA warriors moved forward and yanked the hand, pulling a bloated maggot-filled corpse out of the rubbish heap. The corpse was wearing a Reunion jacket.

"I think we might be on the right trail?" An Ursus PA warrior called out happily. 

"I guess so!" The male Kuranta shouted with an unseen grin, banging his two hammers together. 

"Hey, what's this??" The PA warrior that grabbed the corpse's hand held an object for the others to see. Headlamps looked downward into the outstretched hand of the confused warrior.

"What is that thing supposed to be?" Female Sarkaz asks strangely, feeling off at the strange symbol. 

"I dunno, but it's giving me the creeps! And that's saying something!" The Sankta shivers in his armour, holding his massive Gatling gun tightly.