Internal Prisoner

For days, Sigyn kept up the charade of sharing Ragnar and Brida's bed. Brida would often take all of his attention and under Sigyn's instruction their little love affair seemed to work. They were still buried under the covers together when she heard the men at the gates shouting about someone approaching. The three of them quickly dressed before rushing to the gates. Sigyn felt her heart drop when she saw Skade on a horse surrounded by Uhtred's men and when the cart approached, she saw a lifeless Uhtred inside. Quickly turning to Ragnar she silently begged him not to acknowledge Skade.

"Let them in. Take the prisoner away and send my brother to the healer." The gates opened and Ragnar felt her slender fingers around his arm before he could go meet them.

"Can I put her in the dungeons. No one knows who she truly is and I would like to keep it that way." He was thinking about it too much, so she quickly tiptoed to place a kiss against his lips. It was a mistake instantly because she knew where his mind was going and Brida didn't seem to be impressed with the public display of their affections.

"Go. But my man Jackdaw will be with you." He grabbed Brida's hand now and they walked down to greet Uhtred. Taking a few seconds to compose herself, Sigyn soon followed.

Before she could even approach Skade to grab her bindings, one of Uhtred's men had pulled her from her horse. It was the same one who watched her last time they met. He didn't speak or pretend to see her, but he just forced his way past to throw Skade into the dungeons with Jackdaw who was under Brida's instruction to never leave Skade alone.

Uhtred had been taken away by Ragnar, Brida and his men to see the healer and now Sigyn was left with two of his men. One, barely a boy who was clearly a follower of his God. The other a true looking Dane. Before she could walk away, she heard one of them speak. His Irish accent was almost as tempting as a siren's song.

"My lady, you seem like you know how to have a good time. Where is the good ale kept?" His grin would have probably brought a smile to anyone's face but Sigyn was too on edge with Skade being here. This wasn't supposed to happen.

"Lady?" She pretended to look around before her eyes fell back on him and his slight adjustment in his stance made it clear he seemed to be drawn to her beauty. However, flawed it was. "I'm sure Ragnar will show you all the good ale tonight."

"And what about you? Will you be there tonight?" His charm earned a slight laugh this time but the moment seemed to be interrupted by the arrival of the third man of Uhtred's. He had returned from locking Skade in the dungeons, and he seemed a little uneasy on her talking to his friend.

"Probably. Wherever Ragnar goes, he makes sure I follow." The distaste in her voice had escaped but she managed to hide it with a small smile. Or so she thought. One of them wasn't so convinced.

"You are Ragnar's woman?" He asked with a hint of shock and jealousy before they were interrupted again. Yet this time it was by Hilda.

"I show Ragnar how to please a woman." Sigyn answered without missing a beat before she reached for Hilda, pulling her close for a hungry and passionate kiss. It was unnecessary but she was always one for the theatrics. When the kiss broke, the display seemed to stun the men. And Hilda wasn't exactly happy to be used in this game. She would no doubt pay for this later.

Hilda quickly left the group, her annoyance clear to them all and it earned a small chuckle from the Irishman. He still didn't seem to be deterred.

"I promise you that I am well versed in that subject. If you were ever willing to find out." He grinned and for the first time she saw a flash of emotions on the silent mans face. Like he couldn't believe his friends sheer arrogance. So of course, she decided to knock him off his high horse.