Tell me you love me

When Lady Aethelflaed arrived, there was no hiding how much Uhtred loved her. He could never hide his true feelings around her. But to ensure the ealdorman of Mercia accepted her she took a vow of chaste, and their relationship had never been the same since. It was ridiculous really because no man would ever be expected to take that vow. But this is the world they lived in. Where men ruled their lives. When the men were in the tavern drinking, she had noticed the secret meetings between Eadith and Aethelflaed, but she never questioned it.

"Why are you all the way over there? Come sit with me

"Why are you all the way over there? Come sit with me." Sihtric asked her across the room, turning to face him with a grin as she watched him drinking his cups and just enjoying being with his friends. But she knew by the look in his eyes that he wanted something else from her and her smirk grew as he undressed her with his eyes.

"And what is wrong with your legs?" She teased, sipping her own ale by the windows and watching out as everyone readied themselves for the festival

"And what is wrong with your legs?" She teased, sipping her own ale by the windows and watching out as everyone readied themselves for the festival. When she heard the movement of his chair she grinned behind her cup. She had won this battle.

"It is your legs you need to be worrying about." His lips brushed against her ear and a shiver of pleasure already passed through her body. Gods. She was addicted to him. Turning in his arms she smiled up at him, her arms wrapping around his neck before she leaned onto her tip toes to kiss his lips. Finan and Osferth soon whistling and cheering at the display, so the kiss quickly broke with a small, embarrassed laugh. She had nearly forgotten about their company.

"So, are you taking me home? Or are you remaining here?" She asked him playfully as she peered at him through her thick lashes. He quickly finished his pint of ale before he held her hand and they basically ran out of the tavern. Thankfully the children would be busy for a few more hours yet. So, they had the house to themselves.

Almost as soon as the door was closed, he had pinned her up against the wooden frame. His lips claimed hers hungrily, already forcing a moan from her lips as her hands worked on removing his clothes. The kiss only breaking when she removed his shirt. His lips dropping to her neck as he moved their bodies around, so he was now stood behind her and was able to unbutton her dress until it dropped from her shoulders.