The fyrd of Mercia

Stiorra rushed into the bedroom late into the next day, Sigyn was already awake and dressed but Finan happily snored away. "Come quick, to the gates!" Finan jolted awake and the pair shared a nervous look before rushing to the gates. Sigyn's heart kickstarting again when she saw her husband sat proudly on his horse, he was safe and had helped to bring the Fyrd back to help Aethelflaed.

"Let Uhtred and his men inside the gates. The Fyrd will remain outside so we can discuss things peacefully." Aethelflaed announced, her eyes shooting a glare at her brother Edward who groaned as he realised that he had been outsmarted once again.

Even before Sihtric had managed to unmount his horse, Sigyn had pulled him to her. Her lips meeting his in a heated kiss, his fingertips digging into her hips as he held her close.

"You two. Inside." Uhtred ordered them both and with a small laugh, they both rushed away from the stables. The rest of them returning to the tavern as they waited for news of their next move. It would all depend on what happened during the meeting between Edward and Aethelflaed.

When Sigyn had returned to her rooms, the bed was still unmade. The basket of food discarded in a corner and a jug of ale on the side table close to where Finan had slept.

"He actually listened. He surprises me, even now." Sihtric spoke softly, brushing some of her hair out from her face before he leaned close for another kiss. He had missed her but was scared of initiating any form of intimacy. Letting her have the control for when she was ready.

"I never believed anyone would care about me the way that you do. You would never break my heart." Her words had another meaning to them, he still didn't know about Ivar and she would tell him. But it's not just something she could blurt out either and right now, she just craved his touch and affection.

"I would die before that happens." He whispered softly, his lips kissing along her jaw line which earned a small giggle from her lips as his facial hair tickled against her skin. She had seen this man kill people, in the most brutal ways but whenever he was with her. He had the most gentle and caring touch.

"I want you." She gripped onto his hair, pulling his lips back from her skin and there was a hunger in both of their eyes which set a fire in her stomach. Her eyes never leaving his as she started to remove his leathers. "I need you." When he stood before her in nothing but his breeches she leaned closer, her tongue and lips caressing across his chest. Her lips trailing kisses up until they reached his ear so she could whisper into it. "I crave you." Her teeth nibbled against his ear lobe and instantly he snapped.

Everything moved so quickly. One second, she was standing and the next she was pinned against the bed beneath him. His hands quickly working on removing her clothing. It took less than a minute for him to strip her. His lips and tongue trailing down her body, flicking his tongue against each of her nipples before he dropped to his knees at the bottom of the bed. Gripping her thighs and pulling her closer before his tongue claimed her most sensitive area, loud moans echoing around the room as her hands gripped the bedding tightly. He was like a man starved. His tongue twisting and turning expertly against her sensitive bud of flesh, her body trembling against him as his hands pinned her thighs against the side of his face. The fire in her body continuing to build until it combusted, her body trembling violently as her climax hit. She squealed, trying to stuff the bedding into her mouth to silence her as he helped her ride it out with his tongue.

When he moved back from her, her legs shook uncontrollably as they fell back against the mattress and she gasped at the loss of contact. Her eyes watched him as he stood in front of her, undoing and removing his breeches as fast as he could. Before he could tower back over her she shook her head a little, moving to her feet even though she was a little unsteady. Her hands settled on his shoulders, and she soon directed him to sit on the edge of the bed, he was confused until he watched her drop to her knees before him. "Are you sure?"