Winchester

They were allowed in the gates, Lady Aelswith and Aethelstan were thrown into the chapel where Edward's wife, heir and father-in-law were already imprisoned. Stiorra was kept separately because it was revealed she was Uhtred's daughter and Sigtryggr seemed to be interested in learning about him from her. Sigyn stood before Brida, her hands still bound, and she refused to bow to her.

"Where is Uhtred?" Brida demanded to know and Sigyn simply shrugged her shoulders. She wouldn't tell her anything. "I can save you from your fate. You just have to trust me."

"Death doesn't scare me." Sigyn answered instantly, she wouldn't be threatened into submission. The doors opened behind her, and she knew it would be the person tasked to torture her but she wouldn't show any fear.

"You might think differently after a few days with him." Brida now left the room and the room instantly felt cold. She could still feel the presence behind her, but she refused to turn. Or cower in front of them.

"Is this my torture? Silence and boredom?" She asked after several more minutes of silence, the sound of heavy boots coming closer to her. Her hair was grabbed roughly, her head pulled straight so her back settled against someone's chest. She tried to wrestle from their grasp, pulling at her bindings so she could be free, and it would be an even fight.

"My warrior still exists." His whisper filled her with dread, she didn't even have to turn now to know who this was. Ivar had found her after all. Her body grew tense in his arms, and he simply chuckled at her response. "You're not happy to see me? After all these years?"

"Untie my hands and I'll show you just how happy I am to see you." She snarled out. Finding enough energy to throw her head right back, her skull colliding with his nose with a sickening crack. But even through his bloodied nose he continued to laugh. She finally faced him now. He looked exactly like he did in her dreams. "You look old."

"You do not." He tried to reach for her, to touch her scarred cheek but she moved from his grasp. "I will not hurt you."

"There is nothing else you can do in this world to cause me pain." She couldn't stay still, just simply pacing around the room. "Did you know what they did to us? To me? After you betrayed everyone."

"I was told that you had died. That was never the plan, they were supposed to bring you to me. We would be the sole survivors and you would never learn of my treachery." He confessed, leaning against one of the tables and just watching her pace.

"They took the women, held us captive and every Saxon filth had their turn with us. You condemned me." For a second, she thought she saw a glimmer of emotion in his eyes, but it was gone too quickly.

"Skade didn't tell me. She told me you were dead. I went to her, begged her to ask the Gods what happened to you." He moved back to his feet now; he grabbed a hold of her bindings and saw her blistered skin beneath the ropes. "I would have come for you."

"I mourned you. I believed you died a hero. Fighting for us, for your village." She spat out, pulling her hands back even though the pain that shot through her wrists was unbearable. "And now you haunt me still."

"You need to stop being so hostile, you and I will be spending a lot of time together from now on." He pulled at her bindings once more, dragging her through the streets until they were in a tiny house at the edge of Winchester. He threw her inside and locked the door behind them. "You are my wife!"

"Your wife died! You killed her. I have a husband. A husband who would never betray me like you did." She screamed at him; she didn't belong to him. She never would.

"I will kill him too. Like your child. You are mine." His words sparked a fury in her she had never felt before, throwing herself at him and just hitting him as hard as she could with her tied hands. But he laughed at the display. Even though the swollen lip and black eye was a good sign she had landed a few good blows.