Torturous Grief

Sigyn hadn't slept in days, she was barely eating and Sihtric never left her side. Their grief consuming them both but knowing the man responsible was in the dungeons gave her enough strength to keep on living. She would find out who sent him, she would have her revenge. Her child was innocent and didn't deserve this.

"You will go to the dungeons today?" Sihtric asked as he tried to push the bowl of food towards her. She just looked at the oats for a moment before reluctantly giving in and eating some of it. She would need her strength for what she had planned.

"I want to know who hates me so much they would take her." Everyone Sigyn had ever crossed was dead. She didn't have any friends. No enemies. She was truly clueless about who could have done this to her. All she knew was that it was a male, from how her prisoner spoke. "Then we can kill them."

He was happy that she was eating, moving to stand behind her to place a kiss against the top of her head. "You'll make him squeal. Finan and I are going to address the mood in the town. We will be near the tavern if you need us." Torture wasn't really Sihtric's thing. He was the spy. The man who could infiltrate a kingdom and bring it down from the inside. Sigyn was a little more direct.

"I am sorry. Sihtric. You lost her because of me." She whispered softly; she had let him down. Now his only child was the one he shared with Ealhswith.

Before she knew it the chair was turned to face him, the wood scratching along the floor and she saw a look in his eyes she had never seen before. "No. You didn't do this. This is not your fault. You have given me everything." He kissed her softly and the way her heart burst made her smile to herself, his love would always keep her alive and fighting. "Remember, if you need me. I'm there." He soon left her at the table, she swallowed the last spoonful's of oats before going to change.

Her armour was black, skin-tight and covered in studs. Her hair braided out of her face so things could get messy without blood staining her hair. Two daggers attached to her belt, her sword, axe and bow and quiver all coming to play.

"Leave." She spoke harshly to the guard as she put all her toys down behind the gate. The man in the cell wasn't as scared as she hoped, but there was still time to change his mind. She opened the gates to the cell before stepping inside. "Who sent you?" He didn't break, not when she took her first souvenir – his left index finger.

With a sadistic laugh he looked up at her, as if challenging her. "The famous shield maiden Sigyn. I heard you were bloodthirsty. It seems everyone was wrong." She quickly punched him in the face but with a open fist, so her palm popped his nose and blood quickly poured from his nostrils. This time he groaned in pain. It got her thinking. She was being too fast. She would cause him pain, slowly. Make it unbearable.

Dragging the chair from the corner she forced him into it, using rope to tie him down so he couldn't fight against her. She took the clean dagger from her belt, using the tip to dig beneath his left thumbs nail bed, he groaned as the nail was ripped from the skin slowly. But he still didn't speak, so she repeated this until all of his nails were pulled and he was now crying. But not yet begging for forgiveness or giving her any information.

"Who. Sent. You?" Between each word she hit him hard in the gut, after wrapping a metal chain around her knuckles to inflict more damage. His ribs would probably be broken and the dark bruises against his flesh appeared almost instantly.

"You whore!" He spat out, blood filling his mouth which meant there was some internal bleeding. He wouldn't survive much longer if she wasn't careful. So, she decided to get more inventive. As he remained stuck to the chair and bleeding like a wounded animal, she decided to light a fire. "What are you doing?" His voice laced with fear he no longer tried to hide.