CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

THE FIRST OF MANY.

It has only been a week since our classes started and I'm already tired. I was on the way to my class when I met up with Rethabile, She was with her friends but stopped along the way when she saw me.

Her: "Hey, I didn't know you were back why didn't you tell me?"

Me: "I didn't? It literally slipped my mind."

We agreed that we'll talk after our classes. As I was walking to my room after class, I recieved a call from Rethabile.

Me: "baby"

Her: "Hey, Can I come to your room later? I need to talk to you"

Me: "Sure, bring me something to eat"

Her: "Alright"

Rethabile is really beautiful, she is tall, taller than me, slender, dark skinned with a very beautiful smile. She's those type of girls who wear weaves and nails, and has a tongue ring.

After about 30 minutes or so I heard her knocking. I then ordered her to come in.

Her: "Hi Siya"

Me: "Rethabile"

She took the food container she was holding and placed in on the counter.

Her: "Here's your food"

She smiled and came to sit next to me on the bed.

Me: "you look bothered by something, what's up?"

Her: "yes Siya, this whole thing that's happening between us, is not working for me. I just feel like I'm watering a dead plant. I'm the only one who is putting in effort in this relationship. You went to pta last December but we never talked, Siya you didn't even tell me that you were back"

Me: "Okayyy, Where is this coming from? "

Her: "you just don't get it Siya"

RETHABILE

My name is Rethabile Moatshe. I am 21 turning 22 and I'm doing my third year at the University Of Johannesburg. When I first met Siya, She was doing her first year and we met on their orientation day. She was a good person and still is. Although she's a year younger than Me. I'm bisexual, I haven't told Siya about it. The only thing she knows is that I've been dating girls for a while now. I've been willing to tell her but it always happens. I remember the first day I saw her, she was waiting for her parents at the gate. She was wearing a black skinny sweatpants, a white t-shirt, white Nike sneakers and a black Nike cap. She looked good. I went to her and asked if she's lost. She answered with a simple no then mentioned that she's waiting for her parents. It was clear that she was a first year student. She smelled so good even. I asked her if she'd like to have some friends, she said sure then we exchanged numbers.we started being friends then later dated, I know it's a basic lovestory but yena she just treats me good, the only reason i said whatever i said was for her to know how I feel. Gatwe ngwana yo sa lleng o swela tharing .She kissed meas I was still talking.

Her: "Look Retha, the same way you feel about me is the same way I feel about you . Don't get it Wrong babe, i love you"

I just blushed. We then ate and had light conversations afterwards. Siya has always been a person to take things lightly, she never takes things lightly. A lot of people at the Campus Know that we're dating, and a lot of them know her. As bubbly as she is, she knows everybody at the campus. I'm just scared that she'll find out that I was actually lying about having to have dated other girls before her when she's the only girl I've ever dated, I know Siya takes these Things seriously. I've always heard her saying she wants a girl who's experienced.

I woke up the next day did my morning routine, went to my room to change clothes then went to class. After 3 classes I met up with Siya's best friend Ntando when I was going to get something to eat. This girl just doesn't like me. I decided to greet her and she totally ignored me

Her:what do you want Rethabile?

Me: just wanted to ask if you know where Siya is

Her: You seriously asking me about Umuntu wakho? Angijoli Naye, angazi !

See what I meant? This girl hates me Shem

Me: Kahle Kahle Ntando, what is your problem?

She just looked at me plainly

Me: why do you hate me so much?

Her: please remind me why I should like you?

Me: what does that even mean, you hate for absolutely no reason

Her: so you want me to remind you about your blesser? The one who buys you stuff and the weaves you always wear?

I swallowed so fucken hard, how does she know this?

Her: you busy with old men behind my friend's back while she tries by all means to make you happy, you even lied to her about your sexuality and now you have the audacity to ask me what the problem is? You are the fucken problem here. My best friend sure deserves better

Me: I...... Ummmm .... Ntando look ......

Her: save it, I don't wanna hear it. You disgust me!

Me: please don't tell her Ntando, please I'm begging you.

Her: I'm not gonna tell her but get your shit together Rethabile.

With that said, she left. I just lost my appetite

I didn't get to see Siya the whole day because she had back to back classes, a part of me was hoping that Ntando didn't say anything to her. When I was on my way to my room, I got a call from one of my friends Sindi.

Her: "Darli, ukuphi?"

Me: "I'm at the campus why?"

Her: "Joe And I Are Coming To Fetch You, we're going to Maboneng"

Me: "On a Thursday night?"

Her: "Trust me we gonna have fun"

By the time we were done talking on the phone, I was almost at my room. Ohhh great my roommate is here. I walked in and put my books on the study table. Grabbed something to eat, my roommate's boyfriend was coming over so more reason for me to go out

Siya

I was woken up by someone knocking roughly on the door.

Voice: "Siya open"

It's Rethabile and she sounds drunk. Gosh I just hate it when someone comes home drunk while I'm sober ASF. Get's into my sheets with cold feet and smelling like a fucken brewery

Me: "where do you come from Rethabile?"

Her: "i was out with the girls"

Me: "On a Thursday?"

She did not answer meva use she hhad passed out. I just helped her out of her shoes and clothes and put her into more comfortable clothes to sleep in. I then removed hermane up with a wipe and watched ber sleep.

The following day we had an argument about her drinking ha it's and trust me it did not end well.