CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

WILL I EVER SEE YOU AGAIN?

Siya

It has been a full week and I still haven't seen the bus girl. I swear I think this girl is a ghost, I mean you can't see a person once and never ever see her again even though she studies in the same campus as you. I've been having a hectic week and Rethabile and I have been arguing a lot, if it not about this then it's about that. She's becoming very disrespectful and sometimes I just feel like slapping the attitude out of her. I was now walking with Ntando to the student Centre after our class together to get something to eat. I wasn't really feeling like anything heavy so I opted for snacks while Ntando had a burger with chips so I walked to some shop where I'll be buying snacks. I saw bus girl having lunch with her friends. She was even laughing and talking so loudly, didn't even think she could talk like that judging by the "it's okay" she gave me the last time I saw her, that's basically the only thing she said to me and now that she's talking, I am fully aware of her voice. I completely pretend not to see her and ignored her. As I was in the que for snacks I heard one of her friends saying "I think I know this guy from somewhere" bus girl looked around and asked "which guy?" The other friend answered by saying "that one wearing a black hoodie, I think he's famous on tiktok"

The other friend saying "yeah he is I know him from tiktok". I took a glimpse on bus girl and she looked around confused

Her: "I don't know which guy ya'll are talking about"

One of her friends pointed at my direction. I then heard bus girl saying "wait, that's a guy?" I then noticed her friends looking at each other then the other one saying "so you saying it's a girl? Wow you sure know your people"

They just laughed and now I was fully aware that they were talking about me, I mean I'm the only one wearing a black hoodie at the moment and I must say, I do have a huge following on tiktok. I looked at her and smiled and she quickly looked away when she saw that I noticed that her and her friends were actually talking about me. I bought my snacks and went to Ntando then we had lunch. A small piece of my mind would drift of to the bus girl, she's beautiful and I'm glad I saw her I mean a part of me literally thought she was a ghost. My mood has completely changed for the whole day but for the better, I must say. I was feeling lighter and even Ntando could notice it. Rethabile isn't speaking to me so I decided to go past her room before I head to mine, unfortunately she wasn't in but her roommate was around.

Me: "Christelle Hii"

Her: "Rethabile is not around, but I'll tell her you were here"

Christelle is a woman of a few words and not a lot of people understand the person she is. I thanked her before going off. I arrived at my room and the first thing I did was to take off my shoes. I finished of the two assignments I was working on then decided to go through tiktok, I haven't shared some content in a while so I made a mental note to ask Ntando to help me with it. She's my man for that and she knows it. I kept thinking about bus girl, I think it would be decent if I atleast knew her name, that girl is mysterious I'm telling you, she could just disappear again and I'd never get a chance to get her name. Rethabile budged in looking all Hella cute in a two piece, a red crop top with red short pants.

Rethabile: "heard you were looking for me"

You see the disrespect I was talking about, firstly when you get to people's homes you start by knocking, you wait for permission to enter then you greet and that's when you start discussing your grievances.