CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

LETTERS TO SIYA

Siya

When I woke up, Ayanda wasn't in bed but I could smell her body wash which means she has just taken a shower. I went downstairs and found her and Kabelo watching TV, News to be specific. Rethabile's pictures were all over the news GIRL FOUND DEAD AT RES.

Kabelo was concentrating on the TV but Ayanda's eyes landed on me. She then stood up attempting to leave

Me: "Babe listen I .."

I said trying to hold her but fought out of my grip

Her: "Don't touch me Siya."

She took her belongings and headed off, she must've taken an Uber because a few minutes later she got into some car and drove off.

Kabelo looked at me and shook her head

Kabelo: "Wirileng Mfana?"

She then stood up and left. My uncle then called me.

Him: "Siyamthanda and then? Have you seen the news?"

Me: "I Did"

Him: "you went the wrong way with this, this might come back to you"

Me: "I know, please deal with it Malome"

Him: "I will Mara aowa Siya wira diphoso"

I could tell that he's pissed by this

Me: "I'm sorry"

He just hung up.

I have an appointment with my doctor to have this cast removed, so I showered, took everything I'll be needing including my medical aid card and drove to the hospital. Rethabile's death was all over the internet. And to be honest I couldn't care less, I was worried about Ayanda and how she'd take this.

After my appointment with the doctor I drove back home and found Fifi

Me: "Hey Refiloe"

Her: "Hey Siya, are you okay?"

I just shook my head.

She stood up and gave me a hug

Fifi: "You did a good job by killing her, she hurt my sister"

Me: "Why would you think I did it"

Her: "Siya, Ayanda tells me everything okay"

Me: "really? How is she feeling?"

Fifi::"Yazi Siya mina I just suggest that you let this child go, it's evident that this won't work"

Me: "What do you mean ? Did she tell you that?"

Her: "she didn't but I think it's for the better"

...

A few days later, Rethabile's news about her death has died down and Kabelo, ntando and I were on a quest for the letters. Kabelo had suggested that I let her take control of it. I tried to argue against it but she used the "I'm your manager and It's my job to do what's good for you" imagine she asked me not to go to camFOUand Ntando will collect notes for me and to go off all my social media for a while until she says so, I don't answer any phone calls unless if it's her, ntando, or my parents. Basically I'm leaving like a bachelor. She said I needed some time off from everything and everyone, so that I could come back stronger.