CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

DANGER DANGER.

Rethabile

I pressed 3rd floor button and the elevator opened, oh great Rethabile here is your chance, here is your chance and it's now or never. I got into the elevator and turned Facing the door then pressed as it closed. There was complete silence before I spoke

Me: "Siyamthanda"

Her: "Rethabile"

Me: "Can we talk?"

By now I had turned to face her.

Her: "About What?"

She's still not looking at me and she looks completely uninterested.

Me: "I need you to just give me a chance, please just spare me a few minutes of your time Siya, so that you and I could sit down and talk, please"

Just before she could answer, the elevator opened

Her: "I Don't Have Time For Crap!"

With that said, she walked out and i was just left there stunned, I found myself kicking the air in frustration. Ahhh fuck Rethabile you're just..... Wait a minute, I've got an idea. If this doesn't work then I don't know. This has to be the only way to help me have Siya land back on my hands.

Siya

Seeing Rethabile always leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, it's even worse when she tries to talk to me. I honestly don't know why but it's just difficult to forget what she did an each time I think about it I just feel disrespected. I cannot come back from what she did, it's just difficult. I got to class and ntando was already there, she gave me a look as soon as she saw me approaching.

Her: "you Okay?"

Me: "I Met up with Rethabile on my way here"

Ntando rolled her eyes

Ntando: "what does she want?"

I shrugged my shoulders

Me: "I don't know, to talk perhaps"

Her: "she's manipulative, don't let her get to you"

Me: "I Think I should just talk to her and get this shit over and done with"

Ntando: "No, Siya bad idea"

Me: "yeah, I'll go talk to her once and for all"

Ntando: "oh gosh Siya, you pushing yourself towards a trap, can't you see that?"

Our lecturer walked in before we could even finish talking.

After our class, ntando and I walked to my car.

Ntando: "Ntwana did you see that post for the biggest varsity event is out?"

Me: "I saw it, and I got a gig to perform there"

Ntando: "WHAAAAT? For real? Dawg that's huge, why did you tell me?"

I opened my boot and threw my books inside