Chapter 2: The Big Three

Narrator:Now let's continue after they escaped into the elevator, and see what will happen to Nikolai next.

*Nikolai and Rapi got out of the elevator. A group of armed military men aimed their guns at Nikolai and Rapi*

Nikolai:"Ah! I'm sorry! It was an accident, I didn't know what this elevator did."

Man:"Get down now! Grab the girl, and ID her."

*Another military man grabbed Rapi's hand, and forced her to take her fingerprints*

Rapi:"Ugh!"

Nikolai:"Hey, don't hurt her!"

Man:"Why would you care? That's a Nikke, you fool."

Nikolai:"Just don't hurt her, please."

*The man finished ID-ing Rapi, and pushed her away*

Man 2:"Sir, this Nikke was originally assigned to Orlando Travis. This kid doesn't look like Travis to me."

Man:"What happened to him, Nikke?"

Rapi:"He...was killed in action."

Man:"Tch, you failed to protect your commander. HQ will have to decide what to do with you when we get back. As for you, boy, you're under arrest for trespassing on military property."

Rapi:"..."

*Rapi opened her mouth to say something but closed her mouth instead*

Man:"Now help me with these two."

Man 2:"Yes sir, I've got the Nikke."

*Nikolai and Rapi were handcuffed, and taken into a military vehicle, as the men drove off*

Nikolai:"Are you ok, Rapi?"

Rapi:"I'm fine, but keep your voice down."

Nikolai:"I'm sorry, this is my fault. I never should've gone into that elevator."

Rapi:"It's not your fault, they are just misunderstanding what happened."

Nikolai(mind):They know I'm aware of the surface above the sky. What are they going to do with me?

Nikolai:"They didn't seem very happy with you either, Rapi. What's going to happen to you?"

Rapi:"I'll probably be shut down, which will kill me, or be rebooted, which will erase all my memories."

Nikolai:"Seriously?! Both of those options are awful."

Nikolai(mind):I don't want that to happen to her. Think! Maybe we can get out of this somehow?

*Nikolai frantically looked around to a way to escape*

Rapi:"Nikolai, it's fine. Nikke's can be easily replaced, so it doesn't matter what happens to me."

Nikolai:"That's even worse to hear. I'm tired of you being so easy to accept death. You must have something left to strive for, right?!"

Rapi:"...I do, but-"

Nikolai:"Then stay alive. Whatever this goal is, dying won't help with it. Unless your goal is to die, then that's just a terrible goal."

Rapi:"You...you may be right, but what good does it make now?"

Nikolai:"Then I'll do whatever I can to make sure you stay alive."

Rapi:"..."

*Nikolai and Rapi arrived at the HQ, and Nikolai is forced into a room with a round table in the center*

Nikolai(mind):Whoa, what is this?

*Nikolai was shoved into the center, with the table surrounding him*