Episode 24: The Recovery

Narrator:After Nikolai received a total of 10 indirect shots to the chest. He was taken to the hospital, wondering how he's still alive.

*A few hours after he went to sleep, he woke up again. He saw the Counters huddled around him*

Rapi:"Commander Nikolai..."

Anis:"He's not going to...die is he?"

Neon:"Come back, master Nikolai! my fellow lover of firepower!"

Anis:"That's why you care about him?!"

Neon:"Of course, he appreciates the greatness of firepower. I don't want him dead either!"

Nikolai:"Can you two please calm down? I'm not dead, ok?"

*All three of them are shocked by Nikolai's sudden wake, and they all hugged him*

Rapi, Anis, and Neon:"Nikolai!"

Nikolai(mind):Huh...this is new. They've never hugged me before...maybe I should get injured more often.

Rapi:"We were so worried."

Anis:"Don't scare us like that again!"

Neon:"I thought you would leave us forever!"

*Neon cried onto Nikolai's covers, and then gave him so space*

Rapi:"What happened to you?"

Nikolai:"Huh? Well...it's a long story, but in short, it's Syuen's fault."

Anis:"Syuen did this to you?! That nasty little-"

Neon:"Why would she harm a commander?!"

Nikolai:"Well...I was trying to stand up for Yuni and Mihara. They were being abused by her, so I decided to step in. She ended up getting angry at me, and shot me 10 times in the chest."

Rapi:"Wait, 10 times?"

Anis:"Really?! How are you still alive?!"

Neon:"Amazing, master Nikolai. Only a true firepower enthusiast can withstand more shots than the average human!"

Anis:"That's not how that works!"

Rapi:"It's a miracle that you're still alive."

Nikolai:"Yep, Pepper told me that my heart stopped at one point."

Anis:"How are you still alive?!"

Neon:"Not even a heart attack can take you down!"

Rapi:"I think something's strange about you, Nikolai. That's probably why 10 shots to the chest didn't kill you."

Nikolai:"So there was something that saved me? What though?"

Rapi:"I'm not sure."

Anis:"Forget about that, I'm ready to deal a little payback for Syuen."

Nikolai(mind):Ugh...I want to as well, but...

Nikolai:"What do you think is going to happen if we attack her?"

Rapi:"Nikolai will be dismissed from the Ark, and arrested for harming a higher-up. Worst case, he could get executed."

Nikolai(mind):Thanks Rapi, but that's a bit too depressing to think about. I guess I just have to accept Syuen for now.

Nikolai:"I can't just stand back and watch any of you be abused by her though."

Rapi:"Yuni and Mihara are constantly abused by her. They're nothing but punching bags to her."

Nikolai:"Seriously?!"

Nikolai(mind):Damn it, I have to get them out of her grasps somehow? Ugh...even if I ask for them to join my team, that wouldn't stop Syuen from continuing to hurt them. In fact, that'll probably make things worse.