Episode 7: The New Recruit

Narrator:After Nikolai's first mission, he continued to live in the Ark, while visiting the outpost everyday to see his girls. After a week, he has been called back in by Andersen, and went to his office.

Nikolai:"At your service, sir."

Andersen:"Commander Nikolai, glad you were available on such short notice. Someone has come up to me, asking to be a part of your team. She's a Nikke you might have met before."

*Andersen said, as Soline walked into the room*

Soline:"C-Commander Nikolai, please let me be part of your team!"

Nikolai:"Huh? You want to join me, Soline?"

Soline:"I just...want be more like an adult. Being with a commander would be the best way, so...I chose you!"

Andersen:"I offered her many other commanders that were capable of using her, but she insisted on you."

Soline:"I-It wasn't like that!"

Nikolai:"Really? Thanks, Soline. Sure, I'll be glad to have you."

*Nikolai put his hand out for a handshake, and Soline gladly received it*

Soline:"I better become an adult now."

Nikolai(mind):Isn't she an adult already if she could enter a war?

Andersen:"I'd hate to interrupt, but Commander Nikolai would have to fill out Soline's paperwork for her to become your Nikke."

Nikolai:"Paperwork? W-What kind of paperwork?"

Andersen:"You just need to sign this document here."

*Andersen pulled out a piece of paper, and handed it to Nikolai*

Andersen:"I would suggest reading it first before signing. You will have to agree to all of the conditions, otherwise your Nikke gets transferred to another commander."

Nikolai:"Understood."

*Nikolai read the document, and signed the bottom*

Nikolai(mind):Wait...they have a portion about 'relationships with Nikke'. 'The relationship between the Nikke and the commander must be professional.' It doesn't say that I can't treat them like a normal person, so...why do people treat them terribly anyway?

Nikolai:"Alright, finished."

*Nikolai handed the document back to Andersen, and Andersen stamped the document*

Andersen:"Congratulations, now this Nikke is yours."

Nikolai:"Great. Once again, welcome to the team, Soline!"

Soline:"R-Right...once again, glad to be a part of your team!"

*Nikolai and Soline leave Andersen's office, and they decide to walk around the Outpost*

Nikolai:"Oh, Soline. Want to get something to eat as a celebration?"

Soline:"Huh? Ok, sure."

*Nikolai spot the cafe, and both of them head inside*

???:"Order?"

*A girl with long grey hair, and hazel eyes lazily sits behind the counter*