Episode 11: The Date

Narrator:Nikolai talked to the other girls about the date, and now the time has arrived. Let's see how it goes!

Nikolai(mind):Hmm...after going to ask Rapi and Neon if they could go, things have become problematic.

*Nikolai waited outside the restaurant, and saw Anis running and waving towards him*

Nikolai(mind):Shoot, how is she going to react?

Anis:"Hey commander. You haven't been wait for me, have you?"

*Anis put on her smug face again*

Nikolai:"Nope, not long at all."

Nikolai(mind):I've been here for 30 minutes, but I've been patient.

Anis:"So where are the others?"

Nikolai:"So they haven't told you?"

Anis:"Huh?"

Nikolai:"Yeah, Rapi and Neon both had to reschedule. However, me and you hanging out would be fine, right?"

Anis:"Huh?! T-Then it really is like a date, huh?"

Nikolai:"Yeah, I guess so."

Anis:"J-Jeez, why are you so calm about this?!"

Nikolai:"Uh, well..."

Nikolai(mind):I'm actually sweating bullets here! This makes it look like we're dating, so...

Nikolai:"It doesn't bother me much, haha..."

Anis:"Sure..."

*Nikolai and Anis entered the restaurant, and sat down at a table. Their time was filled with silence between them*

Nikolai(mind):Crap, I thought the other two would be here so we could have group chats! Now I can't even come up with anything to talk about! It's fine, it's Anis. You should be able to say anything and she'll go from there.

Nikolai:"Thanks again, for what you said during our mission."

Anis:"Huh? What's with the sudden praise?"

Nikolai:"Well, I never got to properly thank you, and also apologize for what happened to you because of my shortcomings."

Anis:"I've already told that you don't need to apologize, in fact you shouldn't."

Nikolai:"Then let me thank you for helping me regain my composure."

Anis:"Seriously, stop it."

Nikolai:"I'm just glad you're alright."

Anis:"Ugh...why are you so nice?!"

Nikolai:"I'm sorry, is that wrong?"

Anis:"Well...yeah, Nikkes are machines made for war. You shouldn't apologize, or thank, be thankful for our wellbeing."

Nikolai:"Why not? You are more human than some people that I know."

Nikolai(mind):Specifically that little brat, Syuen!

Anis:"Because...if you do, you'll be the same as him."

Nikolai:"Huh?"

Anis:"The other commander, the one who built the Counter squad. You're acting more and more like him everyday.

Nikolai:"And that's a bad thing?"

Anis:"I mean, he's a great person. I just fear that you're gonna go through everything he went through."

Nikolai:"Everything he went through? W-What exactly has happened to him?"

Anis:"So many near-death experiences have happened to him. He's just special, nobody has been able to do what he's done. You're not someone that can do the impossible, Nikolai."