Episode 37: The Desert Mission

Narrator:Nikolai suddenly got called in when he woke up, so he got up and went to Andersen's office. Let's see what his mission is this time.

Nikolai:"Good morning, Andersen."

Andersen:"Good morning, Nikolai. Thank you coming here so early in the morning."

Nikolai:"My pleasure, so what do you need?"

Andersen:"A sighting of a hostile force has been spotted near the Ark, you are to dispose of it as soon as possible."

Nikolai:"Oh, and the assigned squad?"

Andersen:"None, you get to bring who you choose."

Nikolai:"Really? Awesome!"

Nikolai(mind):I haven't seen the Counters squad in a while, time to go with them.

Nikolai:"Thank you, Andersen. I'll be back!"

Andersen:"Good luck, Nikolai."

*Nikolai leaves the office, and headed towards the Nikke dorms. He looks at the label 'Counters', and knocks on the door. Anis opens the door*

Anis:"Oh, Nikolai. What's up?"

Nikolai:"Andersen gave me another assignment, and I'm allowed to bring you guys with me."

Anis:"We're going on a mission with you? Alright! Let me tell the others."

*Anis goes back into the room, and gets Neon and Rapi*

Neon:"A mission with Nikolai! Time to show him my new upgraded firepower."

Anis:"You haven't changed anything though."

Neon:"I've gotten slightly stronger, I'm sure Nikolai will notice."

Rapi:"Ready to head out, Nikolai."

Nikolai:"Heh, alright. Let's go then."

*They head up to the surface, and Nikolai notices the area Andersen sent him*

Nikolai:"It's only a couple miles from here."

Anis:"Nice, Nikolai finally gets a break."

Nikolai(mind):The fact that an enemy's this close to the Ark seems concerning.

Rapi:"Do we know what we are up against?"

Nikolai:"Nope, Andersen didn't tell me anything about that."

Anis:"Figures, it's like he's always hiding something."

Nikolai:"Really? Huh..."

Nikolai(mind):Guess I never thought of him like that, but now that I think about it, he does hide some things.

*Nikolai and the Counters walked towards the location, and the surroundings look barren*

Nikolai(mind):It's like a dessert here, what are we supposed to be looking for here? I don't see any huge raptures.

Nikolai:"Are we even looking for a rapture?"

Rapi:"..."

Anis:"How about we split up, me and Neon will check the south, and Nikolai and Rapi will check the north."

Neon:"Huh?! But I want to show Nikolai my firepower."

Anis:"Well, too bad. He will be just fine with Rapi.

Nikolai:"Well, sounds good to me! Let's meet back here in an hour, ok?"

Anis:"Roger that!"

*Nikolai and Rapi walked away, and Anis and Neon went in the opposite direction*