Episode 38: The Nun

Narrator:Nikolai got separated from his squad again and met another Nikke from the surface, named Rapunzel. Now they are looking for his squad.

Nikolai:"Hello! Rapi! Anis! Neon!"

Rapunzel:"Forgive me, but I suggest you don't shout too loudly. In the case of a rapture attack, I won't be able to do much damage."

Nikolai:"Huh? Then what do you do?"

Rapunzel:"Well...you could say that I'm a medic of sorts."

Nikolai:"So you're skilled in medicine?"

Rapunzel:"I'm afraid not, I meant more unorthodox healing."

Nikolai:"No way...you can use magic?!"

Rapunzel:"W-Well...it's complicated."

Nikolai(mind):It's always complicated with these types of Nikke.

Rapunzel:"My staff is able to repair wounds for Nikke, as well as be create defensive shields."

Nikolai:"Huh...and the staff is only able to affect Nikke? What about humans?"

Rapunzel:"Sadly, I'm unable to heal a human's wounds."

Nikolai:"Still, that's really cool. You're able to heal a Nikke's wounds."

Rapunzel:"O-Only to a certain degree, my healing sometimes isn't enough."

Nikolai:"I see. Still, that's an amazing ability."

Nikolai(mind):I haven't stumbled upon a Nikke like her, one created solely for healing and support.

Rapunzel:"I beg your pardon, but are you positive that your squad is around here."

Nikolai:"Of course, they have to be."

*Nikolai and Rapunzel continued searching for the Counters squad*

Nikolai:"So you're a heretic? I remember the last time I met a Nikke from the surface, they said they were a Pilgrim.

Rapunzel:"The former is correct, I'm a pilgrim. If you don't mind, may I ask who else you've met?

Nikolai:"Hmm...I believe her was Snow White."

Rapunzel:"I see, how is she?"

Nikolai:"Good, she helped me navigate through the tundra."

Rapunzel:"I see, it's a relief to hear that she's doing well."

Nikolai:"Are you two friends?"

Rapunzel:"Well, yes. We were part of the same squad."

Nikolai:"Wait, so the Pilgrims have a squad?"

Rapunzel:"Yes, we were the first squad created to save humanity at the start of the rapture invasions, but as you can see...we've failed."

Nikolai:"The first squad to save humanity?"

Rapunzel:"Indeed, I...don't remember much about the time we spent together, but we were a great team."

Nikolai:"I see. Huh..."

Nikolai(mind):So I'm talking to one of the first Nikke ever created then, huh...all my life, I never knew about the Raptures. I can't even imagine a time before the invasions. Just how long has humanity been underground?

Rapunzel:"A-Anyway, enough about me. If you don't mind, I'd like to know more about you."

Nikolai:"Huh? Well, I'm still a relatively new commander, I've only been on 4 missions in total, and I've almost died multiple times."