Episode 27: The Overthinking

Narrator:Nikolai has been wondering how to help rehabilitate Guilty, without getting hurt, for the rest of the day. The next morning, he was still contemplating about what he'll do for the next session.

Nikolai(mind):Ok, the main issue here is Guilty's trust issues. Y/N got her to trust him because of his persistence and strength, by coming back for another session after getting injured by her. I've only got one of those traits, so I need to find a way that doesn't involve getting injured.

Nikolai:"There's got to be some way, right?"

*Nikolai kept thinking it over*

Nikolai(mind):How would I show my persistence in a different way? I think the main reason why Guilty trusted Y/N was because he kept coming back to their sessions. I could do that, but it would probably take a while for her to get the idea.

Nikolai:"Hmm...so how do I convince Guilty that I want to continue having sessions with her?"

*Nikolai walked through the outpost, and was too deep in thought to notice Anis calling his name*

Anis:"Nikolai? Hey, can you hear me?!"

Neon:"I didn't mean right away, Anis. Stop-"

*Anis smacked Nikolai in the back of the head, which finally got his attention*

Nikolai:"Ow! Oh, Anis. What's up?"

Anis:"Is something wrong, Nikolai? I've been trying to get your attention."

Nikolai:"Really? I-I guess I was that lost in thought."

Neon:"He must be thinking about something important, like firepower! See, we shouldn't bother him, Anis."

Anis:"Oh, can it! You're only saying this because you're embarrassed for what I'm about to say."

Neon:"Stop!"

Nikolai:"What is it?"

Anis:"Well, Nikolai. Since you have been on a date with both me and Rapi. Neon was hoping that you would go on one with her."

Neon:"That's not it! It's just...Anis was pitying me. That's right! She felt sorry that I haven't gone on a date with you, so she wanted to ask you for me."

Anis:"..."

Nikolai:"..."

Neon:"..."

Anis:"That doesn't sound much better though."

Neon:"I know..."

Nikolai:"So you want to go on a date?"

Neon:"Y-Yes! Later today would be the best."

Anis:"Why not now?"

Neon:"Because I need to reach peak firepower for the date."

Anis:"You're just nervous."

Neon:"You were nervous for your date too!"

Anis:"No, I wasn't..."

Nikolai(mind):Where's Rapi when you need her...

Nikolai:"W-Well, I'll gladly go on a date with you, Neon."

Neon:"...Success."

Nikolai:"Huh?"

Anis:"Ignore her. We'll see you last today."

Neon:"You aren't coming with us, Anis!"

Anis:"I know that, it's 'your' date!"

*Neon and Anis continued arguing while they walked away from Nikolai*

Nikolai(mind):Maybe that was a sign for me to stop overthinking things.