Episode 22: The Talk Show

Narrator:Nikolai just started another rehabilitation program with Guilty, let's see what he decides to do now.

*Nikolai wakes up and has breakfast at the cafe. He walks around the outpost*

Nikolai(mind):I think I'm missing something that I'm supposed to do...but what?

*Nikolai continued walking around the outpost. He suddenly heard his name being called out*

???:"Nikolai! Wait!"

Nikolai:"Huh?"

*He turned around, and saw Rupee running towards him*

Nikolai:"Rupee? What are you doing here?"

Rupee:"Thank goodness, I found you! We've gotta go, our tv show is happening, like, right now."

Nikolai:"Huh?!"

Nikolai(mind):Oh yeah...I promised to go on Rupee's show today. Crap.

Nikolai:"O-Ok, I'm ready!"

Rupee:"Perfect, come on!"

*Rupee and Nikolai rushed towards the tv studio, and the set-crew was relieved to see them enter*

Crew member:"Thank goodness you made it, hurry up and get on."

Rupee:"We're going!"

Nikolai:"R-Right."

*Rupee dragged Nikolai onto the set, and told him to sit in the seat across from her*

Rupee:"Like, so sorry about rushing you, Nikolai."

Nikolai:"N-No, I'm sorry for forgetting about the show."

Rupee:"It's fine, now you can show the world, like, your good side."

Nikolai:"My good side, huh?"

Nikolai(mind):I guess this is about my thoughts on defending Nikkes, so I need to not get easily angry.

*Nikolai could hear the set-crew talking behind stage*

Crew member:"Who does this commander think he is? We've got better stories to cover."

Cameraman:"So he likes Nikkes, big deal...The last person who liked Nikkes this much ended up being killed by one."

Crew member:"Why does he even like Nikkes anyway?"

Cameraman:"Rupee should just kick this guy off the set."

Nikolai(mind):Huh...I guess I don't belong here.

Crew member:"Man, Rupee has been such a pain recently. She has been begging to cover more serious topics, but she doesn't have the vibe to make it interesting."

Cameraman:"I don't understand why people watch her."

Crew member:"Yeah, I'd rather watch a real millionaire other than a Nikke millionaire."

Nikolai:"Erg..."

Nikolai(mind):I seriously don't belong here.

Rupee:"Ok, we're starting in 3...2...1!"

*The cameraman steadies the camera, and hits record. Nikolai takes a deep breath to calm himself, as a red dot lights up on the camera*

Nikolai(mind):Most of...no, the whole Ark is watching this live. I can't mess this up.

Rupee:"Hello Lupins! This is Rupee's Shopaholics Anonymous! Today, we have a very special guest joining this episode. The very commander himself, who defends Nikkes against discrimination. Commander Nikolai Rolan!"