chase and charm

My head hurts when someone is keeping pulling me while calling my name.

I feel my head exploding and my body is refusing to move. Whoever is trying to wake me up, can wait. I close back my eyes and try to fall asleep again but then the same person takes off the blanket and suddenly my body starts to freeze.

«What the heck,» I murmur while trying to find my covers and put them on me again but they're gone.

I snort while turning myself to the side where my aggressor is and try with all my strength to open my eyes. Antonio is standing next to the bed, with an angry expression, already dressed. His curly hair is stylised in the best way ever, as he usually does, and I can't focus on what he is wearing.

Why is he dressed up? Then slowly my mind starts to work.

«You're late, dumbass.» Antonio leaves the rum with his heavy feet.

My eyes are wide open now and I am looking around, trying to do a recap of everything.

Me putting in bed.

Me taking my phone.

Me opening google.

Me searching for Kevin's father.

Me finding out that Kevin's family may be part of one of the biggest mafia families.

Now I am totally awake. I stand up, leave the bed and quickly check the time but my phone is off.

Me turning off the phone after giving a cold good night to Kevin.

I turn it on while I run into the bathroom with my stuff. I don't think I have time to shower, so I give myself a quick freshen-up, brush my teeth and put my hair in a ponytail. My phone is on now and the time suggests me to move faster because in fifteen minutes the first lesson starts and we take ten to walk.

When I am out of the bathroom, ready, Antonio is already next to the door waiting for me. I take my bag, and jacket and run towards him.

«I am sorry, I didn't sleep.»

Antonio quickly checks on me. «Yeah, I can tell.»

I frown and wonder what is he talking about but I have no time to check on myself, so I follow him down his apartment and the cold air hit me like a train when we're outside. It's not raining today but the weather is terrible. Some grey clouds are covering the blue sky and the sun appears and disappears behind them. I put my jacket on while I and Antonio walk fast to reach the University.

He is never late and when it happens, it's because he is with me.

«Why didn't you sleep?» He asks out of breath once we enter the building.

I shrug. I won't say to him the truth until I actually know that's the truth. «Nightmares.»

Antonio looks down at me. «Weren't they all gone?»

«Sometimes they come back.»

We sit in the classroom right two minutes before it starts. I am hungry, in need of coffee and tired. I don't think I will stay until the evening, I will probably leave for lunch because if I don't rest, I don't focus and it's totally useless being here if my mind doesn't work.

Plus, I have a fixed thinking that attracts me and it will never be replaced by studies.

I check on my phone, to see if he texted me something after my firm answer and there is. I take a deep breath and open the app to read the message.

Kevin

Something is bothering you.

Whenever you feel to talk, I'm here.