let's talk

Kevin's POV.

The sun is slowly disappearing behind the lake that appears through the window in my living room, right in front of me while I sit on my sofa and face the overlook in silence. The golden hour gives one of the best views of that sad and isolated place. The threes are completely black, with the sun behind them in the full blue sky. I know that even if the sky seems to be fully clear, it's freezing outside and I don't know if my bad mood is caused by the weather or the meeting.

I haven't slept well and when I realised that today I have to meet again my father, I lost the mood to do everything. I barely ate because my stomach was rolling and the nausea was so strong that I couldn't feel it with anything than little stuff.

It's not my first time appearing in my father's meetings, but this time is different. There is another reason why I am doing this and even if I shouldn't be scared, I still have that little part of me who stayed when I was fourteen and pushed a gun in my hand to demonstrate something. What if he will do the same to prove my loyalty to him? What if I have to kill someone or, worse, I have to do something to Enede just to prove to him she has nothing to do with this? Probably most of the fear I feel is against her and not me. I don't care if he hits me, I care if he lands even just a thought on her. I won't let it happen. He needs to believe she means nothing, so she can stay out of the whole situation even if she is the mind master.

When I check the time, I realise is time to get up and leave the house to reach my father's. I sigh before leaving the sofa. My phone buzzes and when I take it, just by reading her name a little smile appears on my face.

Enede

Good luck and be safe

I'll be, don't worry.

Enede

I'll try

I put away my phone as soon as I reach my Audi and jump in with still a little grin on my face. I have never been in a serious relationship, I've always pushed away women to not let them get too attached to me right because of my life. I never wanted someone to risk their lives every time they got closer to me and it always worked. It was always a physical thing, with them leaving the day after. And I thought it would've been the same with Enede but when I first met her, I knew I would've turned out selfish and never let her go because there was something in her that I liked too much to let go.

And I was right.

As I leave the tree-lined street, I turn into another isolated road opposite the centre. My father doesn't live near the Dome, he wanted privacy even if he never does anything compromising except for talking, knowing that if police will ever irrupt inside, they will never find anything except for his big office.

His house is a bit similar to mine but it's bigger and has fewer windows. The entrance has three big columns and stairs that bring you to the main door.

I reach the gate that closes the big house and I stopped right in front of the electric barrier and turn my head to my left while I pull my window down. The man in the little cab gives me a quick scan and I don't even need to say who I am, he just activates the barrier that slowly goes up and behind it, the gate opens. I pull back up my window and drive into the path before reaching the front door. I park my car behind the Mercedes Benz Class-C he has always had since I can remember. Not the same car but the same brand.

I get out of the car with a hesitant movement, before taking a deep breath and tidying my suit. I hate wearing those suit Pinguin types but I know he wants me to look like this and I have to play the full role, so I just wore it without thinking too much about it.