pain

«Open your blue eyes, Enny.» A sweet voice is caressing my head while my eyes are still closed. «It's time to go, sweetie.» It's a woman, I can sense it. «Come on honey, mommy needs to go.»

«Mom?»

When I open my eyes, the sunlight hits me like a train. It burns so much that I quickly close them back and put a hand on my face. My head is placed on a pillow and I am fully covered with a smooth and good-smelling bedsheet. I tangle myself into the blankets before relaxing again, slowly feeling the sleep coming back before my memory starts to work faster in front of my eyes.

Now my eyes are fully open and I am looking around. I sit on the bed. Not my bed. The sunlight still hurts my sight, but I force myself to scan the room where I am in. It's a very minimalist and fancy room. In front of me, there is a big painting with a woman in it, but I don't have the strength to examine it. My eyes keep going around, peering to my right at two big windows facing the lake.

This is Kevin's house. I know that view very well and he is the only one having these big windows around the house. I swallow my thoughts about why I am here and I look back into the room.

I startle when I see him laying against the room's door, staring at me. He doesn't look fine either. It seems like he hasn't been sleeping for days. He is wearing a black hoodie and sweatpants. I step back on the bed, smashing my back to the bedpost and pulling my legs against my chest, surrounding them with my arms.

Kevin doesn't move from where he is. «How do you feel?» He asks, and from his voice, I can feel the worries of whatever will be my reaction when my mind wraps around everything that has happened.

I don't know how I feel. I am confused, mad, scared, and in pain. My face hurts and my chest hurts every time I try to breathe. I deeply face my gaze in his, not knowing what to answer.

When he does a step, I raise my hand in his direction. «No,» I say quickly and shake my head. «Don't come closer.» He stops as I say that, and in his expression I can read all the blame and the sorry he could feel in his body but still, I don't want him to get any closer or touch me or whatever he wanted to do.

«I know you're scared,» he starts by laying a hand in my direction and that's when I see the bandage. He has the palm of his hand wrapped in a white gauze that has a little red stain in the middle of the hand. «I am sorry for what they did to you.»

Now my eyes are again on his face. «You're sorry?» I murmur but my voice sounds like I have screamed. «They were under my house. They knew I was alone. They took me and drugged me to make me sleep,» now my voice cracked and I try to hold the tears. «He hit me twice! He wanted you. He wanted you to come so he could have what it's his.» I take a deep breath and look down at my hand. I can't stand his gaze now. I know he feels guilty for what they've done to me but that's what he deserves to have put me in all of this.

«If you told me you were out—»

«Don't blame me, Kevin,» I yell out raising my head back to face him again.

«I am not,» he says calmly. I am sure he is trying to keep all the frustration inside, to not make this even more absurd and crazy. «I am not. It's just... we had a deal. I could've prevented it from happening.»

«You could've prevented it by never asking me to go out.»

The silent fall and both of us are looking at each other with full emotion surrounding us strongly. He drops his sight and looks away from me, towards the window, the view. I know I can't leave the situation now, that now they've done this, I know they won't stop. And I am sure that Kevin's wound is because he found them and they fought. He won against them, they want surely revenge.