you and I

Kevin's drive home is quiet. I catch him placing a little smirk on his face more than once while I relax against the seat, with my hand placed on his holding the skin of my thigh left bare by the slit of my dress. I can't believe I said those words. Those important words were meant to be dedicated to someone who made me feel hard. And Kevin won. He managed to make me fall and drop out those words like they were made for him. I knew that one day I would say them. And I am aware I may have said it too early, but the push was the fear of losing him tomorrow, the day after or whenever before we end this war with his father.

I couldn't risk such a big regret.

And he admitted it without hesitation, without having second thoughts on it. He was already feeling it. He had those words on the top of his tongue. My confession just made him fall. I wondered when he realised that, while I did with his father, I would like to know which moment turned on that light in his head.

When we arrive at his house, I walk inside with a heavy chest, almost fearing something that is devouring me from inside. Behind me, I feel Kevin's steps approaching me. I take off my heels, tossing them away and whining in relief when my feet are finally free. I am throttling the coat against my chest, with my arms wrapped around it. I feel his figure moving around me.

Kevin gently takes the coat off my hands and drops it on the couch, with the other hand brushing my hips. Then he hovers himself in front of me and places both hands on my sides. «So, you love me?» He demands with a grin that he didn't take off since we left the gala.

He took off his blazer, remaining with only the white blouse. The first buttons are unbuttoned, showing the tattoo on his bare and smooth chest. I lift my head, tilting it a bit. «Hm,» I feign the thinking process. «I may have drank too much champagne,» I gripe, holding back a laugh, knowing that this game won't last long.

He presses his fingers against the fabric of my dress before stepping closer to me and making the weird burn in my belly start, only him being capable of it. «I am pretty sure you were sober,» he comments with a proud gaze. «I have watched you all the time. You drank only one glass of champagne and one dry Martini.»

I rear back my head, raising a brow. «You stalked me,» I chirp with an amused glance.

Kevin nods without hiding it, then shrugs before moving his arms around my body and jerking me against him. I slightly jolt as our bodies hit and place my hands against his chest. His fingers start a trip along my back bare, making my skin tingle, and then he stops as he reaches my still-wet hair. He fidgets his finger in some locks, his eyes never leaving mine. «You should dry it,» he suggests. I shake my head, not caring about getting a cold right now.

I drive my hands from his chest to his neck, placing them on the back of it and gently pushing him against me so I can lock our lips together and kiss him, putting myself on tiptoe. Kevin doesn't hesitate to welcome my kiss, and I half-open my mouth to let our tongues meet and dance together. I savour every inch of this moment, knowing how short they are and that they never last long enough to satisfy me.

But nobody's running after us tonight, and I am not going to back off, not anymore, being aware of the risk we have on our backs every day.

I feel my lips cold when he rears back, meeting my gaze again and tossing me a deep stare, looking for something, an answer, a consent. I know what he is thinking about, making very clear the intention I have for tonight. I would've never come here knowing I can't control my body when we're alone, mostly in intimate moments. The first time I realised that was maybe when I had my first self-defence lesson. I knew my body liked his touch and him being closer to me. It was a matter of time before I couldn't hold the reins anymore.