His Butler, Chance Encounter

"Is this really the time for a game of chess?"

The red-haired female moved her white piece on the black square.

"Obsessing about it won't help you solve the case. Why not just leave it all to Sebastian and y/n, dear?"

Ciel furrowed his eyebrows, "'Cause they're simply my chest piece, but y/n is more than a piece to me." He answered his aunt as y/n and Sebastian were in front of the glassware container, reading through papers that were in Sebastian's hands while y/n looked over at the papers, reading them.

"I'm the one who moves them by giving orders, But they're no ordinary piece."

Madam's face turns into confusion at her nephew's words, "they can move as many squares as they need to, like that." The young earl knocked off his aunt's white piece with the black piece that has the shape of a horse head.

This shocked and angered madam red, "that was against the rules, you know." She said sternly.

Ciel interlocked his fingers together as he give his aunt a smirk, "Indeed. It would be if this was a game, but rules such as that have no true meaning in the real world. There are always knights who break the rules and pawns who betray. If you let your guard down, it's checkmate." He slammed his chess piece on the board.

"You must've had other options in life besides policing England's underworld. I'm sure my sister...your mother wanted something else for you, and yet after their deaths, you returned to be the queen's guard dog. Is it because you're trying to avenge your parents' murders?"

The young male took a sip of his tea as he placed it back down on the saucer and glanced up towards his aunt, remembering the time of him going back to his burning home with Sebastian and y/n then finding the heirloom ring, "The need for revenge is a funny thing. It won't bring back the dead, nor will it being them happiness."

"But then..."

"To answer your question, I didn't return to the house of phantomhive for my parents." Ciel looked at his ring then looked up at his aunt with a stern expression on his face, "I did it for myself."

Madam looked at her nephew with a sorrowful look on her as y/n side glanced at her master, "I want to find the people responsible for what happened and I want to make them experience, the same pain and humiliation that I suffered."

"Mm, I still remember when you were born, though it seems so long ago." The red-headed woman got up from her seat and walked over towards ciel, "You were so tiny and fragile. I remember thinking, "no matter what, I have to protect him." You know I was never able to have children," she gently placed her hand on top of her nephew's head, leaning over with a smile on her lips, "but then there was you, and I've come to think of you as my own son, which is why I wish you would quit this."

Ciel pushed his aunt's hand away from his head with his eyes closed, "this is a task I've freely chosen. It's still my choice to make and no one else's." He gazed up at madame red, "I don't regret my decision and I won't be coddled by anyone."

Y/n had a small grin on her lips after hearing Ciel's words.

●❯───────「⊙」──────❮●

Y/n, Sebastian, and madam were at the front door as Ciel's aunt is leaving now, y/n had put on her coat for her having madame red smiled at the beautiful female, "I have it now. Thank you."

"My lady."

The red haired lady looked over at the two demons with a serious expression on her face, "promise me. Say you two will never leave his side. This is a dangerous world for a boy. Make sure he doesn't lose his way?"