M&A || Three

I woke up to find my head resting on Alpha's chest and his hand my lower back. My breathing halted for a second when I realized where I was and how close I was to him. It was hard, but I carefully removed his hand from my back and crawled out from the silky red blanket to look at the paintings he had. I needed something to distract me from what I just woke up to.

He had a large painting of a wolf family behind his couch. I brushed my fingers across it, imagining the story that followed. There was light focused around the three smaller wolves and darkness enveloped the two bigger ones in the back. My hand reached the lower left corner and found a name. Ashley.

I was so caught up in the picture that I didn't realize that Alpha was standing behind me. When I noticed him, he began to walk closer to me.

"Alpha, who is Ashley."

"No one important. C'mon. Get ready. We have lots to do today."

Instead of a dress today, I wore black combat boots, ripped skinny jeans and a T-shirt. I followed Alpha outside the mansion to a large acre of land next to woods. It had been the first time that I've been outside since Tyler showed me around.

"What are we doing here?"

"You are going to practice."

"Practice what?"

"Turning into a wolf, of course."

"I can't. I really can't."

"Why not?"

"I haven't shifted since I was like five. And when I did that, it wasn't pretty."

"I already know you struggle with the shift. That's why I need you to practice so that you will be stronger and be able to protect yourself."

"Is that why you haven't claimed me yet? Because I'm weak."

Alpha started walking towards me. He placed on of his hands under my chin and one on my hip. "I haven't claimed you because you aren't ready. I'm not going to wait forever because you are mine but right now is not the time."

"Thank you," I smiled. Alpha placed a gentle kiss on my forehead before pulling away and looking into my eyes. He was different and I couldn't figure out why the change in him. I'm beginning to think Tyler may have been right and he could actually be nice at times.

An angry growl came from behind us. It was my father in wolf form. How did he get past the guards? How was he here? What I did know was that he came to kill Alpha and take me back home. Alpha immediately turned into a wolf, but not at his greatest size. They began fighting throughout the field. I knew Alpha wasn't at his full size because he knew that I wouldn't forgive him if he killed my father. I was so torn, but I couldn't figure out why. I should be helping my father, but the wolf inside me wanted Alpha to win. That thought seemed so wrong.

Alpha wasn't used to fighting at such a weak position. My father toppled him. He was about to defeat Alpha when I began running towards them. My human side told me not to, but my wolf took control. I turned into a wolf for the first time since I was five. This time, I was bigger and stronger. I made up my mind and knew who to defend. I intervened pushing my father up against a tree. He fell to the ground shocked by what I had done. He got up and whimpered and with that he ran through the woods leaving us be. I had betrayed my family. I felt so awful inside. My father was here to protect me and instead, I protected the man that I should be wanting protection from.

I turned towards Alpha who was standing in his black wolf form. His eyes told me that he was in utter disbelief and I was too. I lost control and that loss of control made me feel like I lost everything that I've ever cared about. I have no idea who I am anymore.

Both Alpha and I shifted back into out wolf forms at the same time. I quickly turned away to where my father was. I was speechless and unsure of everything.

"Mia?" He called out. His voice was delicate almost as if he knew I hit my breaking point.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. I didn't know what I was apologizing for. Maybe for being weak? I really didn't know.

Alpha was in front of me before I knew it and then just like that, his lips were on mine. At first, our lips did delicate back and forth movements before he deepened the kiss. The way he kissed me was like I was his oxygen. He slipped his tongue in between my lips and began exploring my mouth, sending electrifying tingles through my body. Only our lips touched, but I felt the kiss everywhere. The sweet unearthly feel danced on my skin before his powerful hands found my shoulders and then slid down my arms. His hands found my hips and that was all that I needed to bring me back to reality. I shouldn't be kissing him. And I really shouldn't be enjoying it. I pushed against his chest and pulled my lips away from him.

"Stop" I whispered. "We can't"

"We can. We're mates."

"No, we can't. I don't know anything about you," I gulped. "I don't understand anything. I hurt my father to protect you even after the way you treated me. I would've never done that. I can't think straight when I'm around you. I just-I just don't know, I'm sorry." I took off running into the woods.

I ran until my legs couldn't run anymore. I leaned against a tree before collapsing to the ground sobbing. This was all too much, but things are only going to move faster.

Later that night, I overheard him talking to his advisor in the hall. "I'm sorry, okay. She's changed me. I don't know what it is but when I see her or hear her voice, all I want to do is be with her. I have feelings for her."

"Then we need to get rid of her."

"No. If you lay a hand on her, you and your family will pay."

I should've been paying attention to the fact that he just threatened someone, but I was too caught up in the fact that he has feelings for me. He would've never said that if it wasn't true. He wanted me. I just didn't know if I wanted him.