Chapter 23-If The Cookie Crumbles

1 Hour Later

"It's time to build up the forces against Jackson. A war of the wolves is brewing and we need to be prepared at every angle. Only one wolf can be king and right now it's looking like Jackson will be the victor. He has much of the smaller packs on his side where we are relying on our own strength. Our strength is great in size, but nothing compared to thousands of wolves. I'm ready to fulfill my duty as your luna. I will make sure we win this war." I spoke powerfully.

I'm currently in charge since Lucas is unable to fulfill his duty as alpha in his condition. I still haven't had a chance to tell Lucas about what Lily told me. I have to do whatever means necessary to ensure our safety. I'm supposed to be with Lily, but my people are in desperate need of guidance.

I decided to call a meeting with Lucas' advisors to go over the steps we can take at this moment while Lucas is in a leave of absence. I'm hoping this meeting will go over well with them even though we are strangers. I don't even know their names. I'm just hoping Tyler will help me if I get stuck.

"You've made it clear that we don't have the numbers on our side. Most of the surrounding packs have gone to Jackson. Who's left for us to have on our side? I mean most packs are scared of how powerful Jackson has become." A man with ginger hair and a freckled face spoke.

I pulled out the map of all the packs in our general area. I circled each pack that I am sure have not chosen a side to be on.

"Five. Five of the thirty-eight packs have not said what side they are on at this point. We need their support in order to win this."

"Two of these packs only have a few hundred wolves. We can never win if we just have them."

"Sources have confirmed that Jackson has roughly ten thousand wolves on his side. He pulled in wolves from other areas of the world. We have five thousand with just us. Any number of wolves with helping us. And besides, these smaller packs are in complete unity which will benefit us. We will be united where Jackson won't be. Just wait. Soon other alphas will get sick of Jackson and they won't be throwing forward a united front." I spoke firmly.

Jackson doesn't have good people skills. He will find a way to crumble. When they crumble, we will have strong forces to take them down. Fear will spread in their eyes. We are coming. Strong.

"Alpha Brady has a pack of about two thousand. He is on the other side of us. Jackson didn't dare to go to him because he would have to cross us to get there. I will leave for Alpha Brady's pack tomorrow. Hopefully, I can get him to side with us and they will come train with us to crush this war."

"How can you be so sure this will work?" The freckled man asked.

"Because I trust what our pack can do."

With that, I ended the meeting. Most of the advisors don't trust my instincts on this because I'm not used to this sorta stuff. They only trust Lucas' word. I'll prove them wrong. Just like I will prove Jackson wrong.

I grabbed the map to bring to Lucas. I may be in charge, but I still wanted his opinion. I've been a terrible mate to him. I want the chance to make that up to him. The only way I can get that chance is if I win this war for us. For our future family.

On my way back to the hospital, I found Lily and Nora doing some retail shopping.

"Hey, Lily and Nora!"

"Mia! Where have you been?" Nora yelled.

"I held a meeting with Lucas' advisors. I'm working on how we can get the numbers. I'm actually heading out to Alpha Brady's pack tomorrow morning. And then Tyler is going to three smaller packs tomorrow as well. We need all the help we can get."