Chapter 6-Justice

I woke up to flickering white lights and a moldy smell. I could feel my heart racing about to explode out of my chest. My head was pounding like I had been hit over and over. I placed my hand on my forehead and could felt my hair drenched in blood.

I knew I was trapped in the cellar. I struggled to turn my head and when I did, I saw Leah staring at the ground.

"Oh Mia. Wakey Wakey!" An unfamiliar voice called from the top of the stairs. The figure came down and at first he was just a blurry image but then I realized it was Jacob. "I see you've finally woken. It's about time."

"H-how long was I out?"

"Ya know just your average three days."

"You know just as I know, I wasn't the one who gave out vital information to my brother's tribe. You were the one and now your trying to frame me!"

"You may be right but with no one to turn to, your word is as good as dead."

"Why are you doing this to me! I've done nothing! Absolutely nothing." My voice trailed off.

Jacob walked towards the barred wall. "You want to know why I'm doing this? I should be alpha! Not him! I intend to get what's mine! You're just a minor casualty in this whole process. You see, Lucas without a Luna is weak. You dying with make this so much easier. He will be vulnerable causing him to be so easy to kill. I will become alpha!"

With that Jacob left.

"Leah! You know that I didn't do this! Stop lying for him! I know he is your mate but that's no excuse. You're going to die either way. It's your choice. Would you rather die knowing you killed an innocent person or be with your Alpha, the traitor in the afterlife. Please! I beg of you! Don't do this. Don't."

Leah just stared at me not moving an inch. I knew she wouldn't tell the truth.

Lucas walked down the stairs and saw me awake. He unchained the door and pulled me up to his office. 

"Mia, tell me what you've learned?"

"Jackson said that I never called him once. June 8th before I met you was the last time I've spoken to or seen him. He told me that only one person has been in contact with him. He's one of your advisors. Jacob is his name. That's not all. The girl, Leah who claimed that I've been in contact with him is Jacob's mate."

"That's nonsense! Jacob hasn't found his mate yet! You need proof."

"Threaten her life and actually attempt to kill her. She will tell you the truth under that kind of pressure. Trust me. Make sure Jacob isn't around though."

I could tell Lucas didn't believe me. I mean who would? I had no proof. He let me go wash up in my former room. In the mean time, he was going to try Leah no matter what it took. 

Later that night, Lucas pulled Leah and I from the cells and brought us to the back room in the cellar. One instruction he didn't follow was having Jacob be there. Lucas may have followed some of the instructions I had given him but he still didn't know who was telling the truth.

Unknown POV

The moment of truth has arrived. I've been anxiously awaiting this all day so that I can know if I'm in the clear or not. Lucas has a tough decision on his hands. Does he go with his mate or with the guy who has known him practically his whole life. 

Waiting in the cellar room with two other people is killing me. I have butterflies in my stomach and I just want this feeling to go away. I just hope that what I said to Lucas was enough for his trust. With the other two here, I can no longer campaign to him that I'm the innocent one.

The rusty handle began to turn and I knew that the moment Lucas walked through that door, my life was on a string. Will I be spared or killed?

Lucas' POV

When I began turning that doorknob, I still was debating who was right. Usually I can tell who is lying but this time I wanted to believe both were innocent but I know that's not true.

My head began pounding because I was worried that I would make the wrong decision and lose both in the process.

The door opened in front of me. All three were siting in different corners staring at me. I hesitated just slightly to give this one last thought. I followed my gut instead of my heart. 

With that, I walked to the corner just adjacent of myself. I dragged the traitor across the cement ground as they screamed in terror. I pulled them up clasping each wrist into a metal chain dangling from the ceiling. 

My heart weeped but now I must hold up to my reputation and become the merciless alpha everyone fears.

 I grabbed the bucket of stones that sat next to the wooden chair. I grabbed the biggest one with my hand and stared right through their eyes. I whipped the rock through the air hitting them in the chest. They screamed out in agony. 

I kept second guessing my decision wondering if this was the human thing to do. I couldn't figure out why this was hurting me so bad when most times it was just a flip of a switch. This time-this time was different. 

I through another rock at their chest. This time will such great force that they flew back hitting the wall and then the chains jolted them back to the center. Tears kept pouring out of their eyes.

"STOP! WAIT! She didn't do it!" Leah screamed as she watched.

"What do you mean she did do it?!?"

Leah looked over at Jacob as he stood staring at her shaking his head like she had betrayed him.

"Leah. Speak now." I demanded.

"I'm sorry. J-Jacob was the one who did it. He has been in contact with Mia's brother for weeks now. He had me make up this entire story about Mia. She's innocent."

"Jacob, is this true? Why would you betray me? Why Mia?"

Jacob began walking towards me while he clenched his fist. "You want to know why? Isn't it obvious! I should be the alpha! Not you! Getting rid of your Luna would make you weak. Weak enough that I can come in and take the position in the process. Once you found out you killed your mate, your innocent mate, you would've been heartbroken. So heartbroken that you would beg me to kill you."

Jacob then punched me in the jaw. I then pick him up and threw him against the wall. 

"You think that you can win? You're wrong. Jackson's pack will be so much stronger than yours. You don't even stand a fighting chance against him." Jacob yelled out before I knocked him out.

"Tyler! Take Jacob and Leah to their cells. Make sure he can't get out."

I ran over to Mia unchaining her from the ceiling. I hadn't even realized that she grew unconscious. There was no way she would ever forgive me now. 

"Why'd I have to be so stupid!" I yelled as I punch the wall. 

*******

I hope you're liking the story so far. I have the entire plot figured out it's just a matter of writing it. I feel like this is going at a fast pace so I'll be trying to slow it down. I'm hoping to get 35ish chapters and then the sequel! How do you want Mia's and Lucas' relationship to go? Should she forgive him?