Chapter 29

Mia POV

I reverently rubbed my fingers along the silky soothing sheets. I pressed my cheek on the fluffy pillow which made me feel like I was laying on a cloud. My comforter was thick and irresistibly soft. Every inch of this bed relieved my stress and made me feel safe for the first time in forever.

I was about to succumb to the call of sleep, but flashes of images popped into my brain. The images were flying at a rapid place. Each one got worse than the first. I saw myself tied to the bed being raped my Xavier or Jackson beating me until I could barely get out one breathe. Each time, I gave myself up in order to have Nora remain untouched. I became enveloped with fear and darkness.

My eyes flew open revealing that I was in my original bedroom I was given when I arrived at RedMoon Pack.

I ran to the corner of the room and sat down hugging my knees. I squeezed my body together as tightly as I could, but my hold made my gashes sting. Even though I'm out of the hell hole, I still feel trapped and exposed. Exposed.

Lucas slowly opened the door and walked towards me.

"Don't come any closer!" I demanded.

I could barely handle him seeing me like this. Let alone him near me.

"I won't hurt you."

"I know, but I can't."

"You can't?"

"I can't be near you. It makes things worse."

"What things, Mia?" Lucas pleaded.

"I can't tell you. It hurts too much."

It felt like knives were being jabbed into my heart. I was having a panic attack. I can't be around people. It hurts too much.

"Please go," I begged.

Lucas left the room with a distraught look on his face. He needs to understand that it's too much to be around men right now. The scars Jackson left run deeper than expected. I don't feel like I love Lucas anymore.

Two Weeks Later

Lucas POV

I haven't seen Mia for two weeks now. Nor has anyone. She wouldn't even let Nora and Lily in. She has completely shut herself away from everything.

I want to focus on getting Mia better, but I might not get the chance. The final battle day with Jackson has arrived. We have gotten word that Jackson's troops left early this morning. All of my men are getting in their lines or doing last minute training. I don't have the same amount of men that Jackson may have, but I have just enough to beat him.

I led my troops to the border. Jackson was in my sights. I demanded that my wolves charge at them. It's always better to have the first shot. My wolves zoomed passed me and began invading Jackson's front lines.

I watched as the wolves tackled each other biting legs and necks. Fur was dripping in the enemies blood. The green grass began to turn into a pool of red.

I ran into the center of the bloodbath taking down and killing every wolf who got into my way. I saw Lily fighting a large chocolate colored wolf. The wolf was on top of her attempting to claw out her face. I ran over but got taken down. My eyes remained to focus on Lily instead of the wolf. I watched as her attacker bit her neck and tore it to shreds. Lily was dead.

All I could think about was Mia. She's lost so much already and this would deepen those wounds.

There were no silver bullets or witches to be seen which meant Jackson knew Lily was spying for us. He planted seeds to make us worried. He wanted to attack our weak spot and make my people lose faith in me as their alpha.

I murdered my attacker who prevented me from getting to Lily. One by one, I kept taking lives. I felt no remorse for these people.

I pulled myself off to the side and watched my people die at the hands of Jackson's. This battle was going back and forth until only a few thousand remained. No one really wins in war.

I walked over to the center of the field where Jackson stood ten feet in front of me. His fangs were covered in blood. His eyes were filled with darkness.

We walked in circles eyeing each other waiting for the first move. Jackson charged at me, but I ran out of the way. I then took out Jackson leg making him fall onto the ground. Jackson immediately got up which seemed impossible. I knew right then that I was in trouble.

Mia POV

I may be gravely hurt, but I can't let that cloud my judgment. I don't know what I am feeling with this battle. If I fight then I kill my brother and if I don't, Lucas will die.

I ran out of my room shifting into my wolf form. My mind kept telling me I was crazy for going, but I must say I've never been the kind of person who sits around and let others handle things. I knew that seeing the battleground will hurt me because my people who I've grown to care about will be slaughtered in front of my eyes.

When I arrived, I saw Jackson on top of Lucas about to kill him. I couldn't let my brother win. I had to do this for my baby even if my actions are not who I want to be. I sprinted to Jackson pushing him off of Lucas. Jackson fell off digging his claws into the ground so he didn't go too far. I charged at him again, but this time he didn't budge. Instead, he took my down. He began clawing at my arm giving me more unneeded wounds. I used all of my strength to roll him over and beneath me. Jackson seemed surprised making him frozen in time.

I bit his neck as hard as I could ripping his flesh away. His neck was a giant open wound in the shape of my jaw. My teeth were stained in his blood.

Jackson was fading fast. I had no remorse for this. I felt like I was filled with darkness. I believed his death was justified in my head, but I knew murder can never be right. I have become a monster.

My attention was so focused on Jackson dying that Xavier ran at me pushing me off. I flew in the air hitting a tree. The impact was so great, I felt the tree split in half.

My memory came and went. I finally remembered the fourteen years that were lost except I couldn't pinpoint what was going on. My memory of the last year disappeared as I drifted away.